Meeting Someone From The Past

Start from the beginning

"Like when I called Clementine crazy? I had no right to say that, honestly, I didn't know what she had gone through but I said what I said but now I see that I was a bad person at the time and I grew more to try and understand people, and you all did the same for me... You talked to me, hell I kept it a secret about what happened to me back at the Delta, I still have secrets." She tells me and I look down.

"What we're trying to say Vi, is that it's ok to start talking again, we know you need time but keeping silent isn't healthy." Ruby tells me and I nod a little at this.

"I will try to talk more I just need some time." I wrote to them and they nod and I look to see Liz and AJ come over to me.

"Ready to go?" AJ asked and I nod and I get up and grabbed my bag.

"I have some tea here for you when you get back." Ruby says and I nod but she hands me some halls and I look at it and sighed as I take it. I then followed AJ and Liz out the house as we head to the old lake and I'm looking at the traps a bit.

"Now when the fish is close by and slows down a bit you take your spear and jab it." I hear AJ explain to Liz and I look at them a bit as I see her jab at the fish in the water but she misses. I go over to them as she looked a bit down at the fact that she missed and I rubbed her head a bit and give her a thumbs up and a smile.

"But I missed." She says and I wave my hand in a so-so fashion and she looked to me.

"You won't always get them, but that's ok, I wasn't that good when I started." AJ says and I nod.

"But I bet Violet never missed." Liz says and I chuckled.

"Missed a lot." I say to her and she looks to me.

"Missed many, but ok." I say to her and then grabbed a spear and showed them a good point to get the fish. She and AJ stand next to me and I watch as the fish come by and watch them then jab into the water catching a fish.

"Woah." I hear Liz says and I smiled and she then grabbed her spear and tried again. After two more tries she finally got a fish and I smile at her then look to AJ who had caught some as well. When we finally filled up the buckets I went and showed Liz how to check the traps and I grabbed a fish and gutted it leaving some of the guts in the traps and we then head on back to the house.

"Should head to Ocean." I say and look to them.

"Why?" AJ asked and I think a bit.

"Big, big fish." I say and open my hands wide to show them how big the fish could be.

"Woah." Liz says and I nod.

"But the fish here are good." AJ says and I nod.

"But other um... fish." I say and then try to think of other words. It wasn't that I couldn't say it but when we finally get to the house and we set the fish in the one house where we clean the fish for Omar.

"Hey how was the catch today?" Omar asked.

"Good." I say and show him.

"Hey Omar, Violet says there's other fish in the ocean, what does she mean?" Liz asked.

"Oh, well there are bigger fish, then there's things like crabs, lobsters, sea urchins and so on, we have an old biology book." Omar says and I nod as they leave the house and I finish up on the fish and I leave the house and set the fish to the side for Omar to cook with. I then see Ruby and the others by my house and I go over to them.

"Ready for that tea?" Ruby asked and I nod. We head inside and I look to see Clementine as she worked on something and I go over to see her working on her leg and I tap her shoulder. She turned to look at me quickly and I raised my hands up in a surrender pose and she sighed.