It Was An Accident

"I thought you weren't supposed to be working until your arm was fixed?" I hear and turn to see Minerva and I shake my head.

"Not you too." I mutter as I move from the truck and look to her.

"Look we just want to make sure you take care of yourself." She tells me.

"I am taking care of myself, just let me work and I'll be fine." I tell her.

"But your arm." She says and I shrugged.

"We heard you and Clem yelling." She tells me.

"I'm sure you did."

"It... it's not healthy." She tells me.

"I... look right now-."

"We just want to look out for you." She tells me.

"I'm not a baby Minerva." I tell her.

"We aren't saying you are." She tells me and I roll my eye and get back to work on the truck.

"You all sure are acting like it, and I don't need that type of bullshit." I mutter and then I feel a hand on my shoulder and I'm pulled back from the truck and I glare at Minerva.

"Fix your arm or I'll have Louis do it." She says and I glare at her.

"That's not a good threat." I tell her.

"It's not a threat, it's to get you to work on something else." She tells me and I groaned at this.

"Fine whatever." I say and throw my wrench in the truck and head into the house and I go and grab the broken prosthetic and get to work on it.

"You, ok?" I hear and look to see AJ and I shake my head.

"Look AJ no one is listening to me." I tell him and he takes a seat next to me and I look at him and then back to the prosthetic. We sat in silence for a bit and I worked on the arm.

"I get it, I felt the same way too." He says and I look at him.

"Everyone treated me like a kid even as I grew up, I mean granted I was still an actual kid at the time but I still wanted to be heard out, you know?" He asked and I nod a little at this.

"But it's different, I never did this to Clementine when she lost her leg, I still treated her like a person, I didn't... god I can't even remember the word." I mutter as I placed my hand to my head.

"Shelter? Coddle? Treat her any different than you or I?" He asked and I nod at this a little bit.

"Yea I suppose those are the right words." I say and lean back on the chair and look to the table where my prosthetic was.

"Well, is there anything we can do to make it better?" He asked and I look to him then back to the table.

"I don't know, just everyone making me feel like I can't do anything just pisses me off, I've done fine on my own." I tell him.

"I know I get that but you need to relax once in a while." He tells me.

"How can I relax when there are things to do? Like the garden, the truck, the wall the-."

"And everyone can do that just fine, you need to work on yourself right now, today is Violet's Day off." He tells me and I sighed a bit. He gets up and pats me on the back and then Minerva comes over to me and takes a seat.

"Wanna chat while you work?" She asked and I nod a bit.

"Alright, what does Violet have on her mind today?" She asked me and I think.

"My stupid arm." I say as I wave my prosthetic and then I get angry at it.

"What's with the arm?" She asked.