𝐕𝐈. 𝐒𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐩𝐢𝐭𝐚𝐥

𝐒𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐩𝐢𝐭𝐚𝐥

Melelle hated everything after the ceremony, there was a small feast. And all she wanted to do was hide away and not be in a room full of dragons.

Not be in a room with her brother knowing he was to leave for the north the next day. After the feast everyone retired. Melelle did what she was told and followed the rogue prince. To his chambers, the stark knew what was coming. She had been taught by her septa at an early age.

Her father thought it was best, as he had only one daughter. And she could have been married off at any age if he had wished for it.

Perhaps this was better than whatever could have happened. But only time would tell.

************************************

Melelle stood in new chambers watching as the fire got brighter, she knew what was coming. She knew what her duties were and how her life was changing.

She had told herself it would be quick and perhaps Daemon would just fall asleep drunk. But at the same time Daemon wasn't one to drink inside the castle walls.

When she heard the doors open she took a deep breath turning around meeting her new husband.

"Lady wife" He muttered as the doors closed behind him he looked up at her "I suppose you know what we are expected to do"

"I am no child" She reminds him as she walks away from the fire.

"You and I are married now Melelle, we must try to get along" He spoke at the same time walking over to the Stark Girl "You are no longer in the north, the capital is a dangerous place"

"Only if you're married to a dragon" She whispers as Daemon gets closer.

"Or a snarky little wolf"

"I only married you because I had to, does not mean I'll be civil about all this" She admits as Daemon reacted quickly, placing his hand on her chin and forcing her to look at him.

"I suppose Wolfs and dragons do not mix"

"They do not and never will"

"We will only do what is expected of us if you are comfortable with it" He mutters, making a soft smile appear on her face.

"My septa says if I do not it does not count as a real marriage" Melelle mumbles back as Daemon leans his head down still holding her chin as she feels his breath against her skin.

Daemon hesitated for a few seconds before he reached down and kissed her.

Daemon pulled away slightly to make sure she was comfortable he would hate to start the marriage full of hatred.

"I want to" she says in a whisper as Daemon kisses her again and they slowly make their way to the bed.

The rest of the night was a blur but the rogue prince was careful with his wolf. But just how long would that last.

************************************

The next morning Melelle was the one to get up first, she woke up at the rise of dawn. As she slowly left the bed the rogue prince stayed asleep.

Melelle wasted no time on pulling a dress on and allowing her to stay down. Just because Daemon was fine once last night, didn't mean she had to love him. Or even get along with him. She had one thing on her mind and that was saying goodbye to her brother.

In all her years in life she had never once been away from her brother, let alone another city.

Her eyes went to Daemon who somehow remained asleep. She turned around, walking out the room and closing the doors. In hopes Daemon would not find her gone and if he did she just hoped he did not get mad.

************************************

Melelle made it to her brother in time; she had practically rushed down the halls of kings landing castle. In hopes she would get to Rickon before he could leave.

As she saw him she stopped trying to catch her breath, he was talking to a man. She waited watchings the lord shaked her brother's hand and then walked past her.

Rickon sighed as he caught his sister standing there.

"Mel" He whispered as she walked over to him.

"Who was that?" She asked, forgetting why she was with her brother.

"I've been sent a raven"

"Oh god tell me everything in the north is well"

He nodded "I'm to wed Lady Gullane Glover in spring"

"But the start of spring is in a few weeks time"

"Then it's good news I'll have see you sooner than I thought"

"Rickion"

"Dont Mel, just know whenever you need me all you need to do is send a raven"

She hugs him as he hugs her back "You'll do fine here and I've warned my new brother in law if he lays a hand on you I'll take it off myself and feed it to the wolfs"

"Take care of yourself brother" She mutters letting go of him as he kisses her forehead.

"The north always remembers"