The Gang Runs a Daycare

Start from the beginning

"What a shortcut!" Kimura and Okajima yelled, out in front. They did a big jump. Okajima's legs spread out wide.

In what felt like slow-motion, they made noises of panic. An old man on a bike startled as he looked up.

Nagisa made a cry of distress as he stopped suddenly, leaning over the roof.

The old man lay on the street, groceries scattered. The rest of the concerned students surrounded him.

He groaned in pain.

"Oh my god!" Yuki panicked, running to catch up with them.

"What was that noise?!" a silver-haired man holding a bouquet asked, appearing at the exit of the alley. A van was parked behind him.

He gasped. "Oh, no! I'll call an ambulance!" He pulled out his phone.

Yuki covered her mouth with her hands.

This was bad.

____________________

Outside of the emergency reception, Karasuma stood. "A hairline fracture of the right femur."

Yuki whimpered at that. It wasn't overly serious but-

It really sounded painful.

The students were lined up in two rows in front of him, eyes downcast.

"It's mild enough that he should be up and walking in a week or so, but given that you kids are a state secret, my men are negotiating a gag order and an out-of-court settlement."

Yuki stared at the ground. Even if she wasn't the one who did it, she felt horrible. Maybe it was because she knew it could have been her?

Suddenly, she turned, sensing a foreboding presence over her shoulder.

The students peered over their shoulders at a trembling Korosensei.

His face was black-veined.

"K-Koro-sensei..." Isogai said shakily.

"B-But it was such a narrow street..." Kimura hesitantly tried to justify their actions. He looked away.

Yuki clenched her fists.

"Who'd ever expect an old man to be riding his bike down there?!" Okajima declared.

Okano looked down. "He's right."

She was afraid to look up.

"I do think what we did was wrong..." Yada said.

"But we did it to sharpen up our skills." Nakamura's voice was small.

Her lip was quivering. It was like watching someone dig their own grave.

"You just don't get the pressure and panic of hav'n to save the Earth," Terasaka grumbled.

A tentacle slapped his face.

All of the students were slapped in an instant. They clutched their cheeks.

A now fully-black and fuming Koro-sensei stared them down.

"Will you report that as injuring the students?" he asked Karasuma. His voice was deep and without its normal humour.

"I'll overlook it this once," Karasuma said, crossing his arms. "I knew the risks when I introduced that high-level training..."

The students were ashamed.

"It may have been too soon for you after all. It's my fault," he concluded.

The hospital door slid closed behind him.