Lazy Days

Outside deep in the woods of the old campus, Koro-Sensei was lounging in a sun chair while he read the morning's newspaper.

Koro-Sensei sipped his drink while he read. "Hmm, the moon is all they're talking about in America too. Slow news today I guess." He sighed and slurped his drink. "Oh well."

Sora rolled his eyes at that, what did The Octopus expect? It had barely even been a year since 70% of the moon was completely vaporized. Did he think people would just forget about that?

"There he is." A drop of sweat trailed down his cheek. "Chilling out back before the first bell without a care in the world after visiting Hawaii at Mach 20 to pick up a drink and an English newspaper on the way here." Sugino looked over his shoulder. "Nice, good work, Nagisa. Thanks, I owe you one."

Nagisa nodded with a small smile. "You're welcome." He was crouched behind him with a notebook in hand. "Best of luck, Sugino."

"Same sentiment over here." Sora added, crouching down along with them. In all honesty, he hadn't even slightly expected this plan to work. But Sugino was his friend, it was his duty to tag along.

For moral support!

"You got it," Sugino smirked, holding up a baseball with anti-sensei pellets glued on. "Ten billion yen here I come."

He shifted into position while Nagisa and Sora hid behind the tree. Sugino lifted his leg and prepared to throw. The baseball zoomed towards Koro-Sensei. Aimed right at his head, until...

"Top of the morning to ya!" Koro-Sensei appeared behind the three of them in a blink of an eye.

Sora sighed, he had a feeling this would be the result after all.

Nagisa and Sugino jumped up in surprise from their hiding place.

Koro-Sensei's smile widened. "It's usually considered polite to reply." His smile sparkled with mischief.

"Ah—uh—ah?" Sugino couldn't stop looking back and forth at Koro-Sensei and the empty sun chair where a cloud of dust blew the newspaper to the grass.

"Uh..." Sweat gathered on Nagisa's brow. "Yes, sir, sorry, sir. Good morning, Sir," he greeted like a soldier.

"Uhh Nagisa...maybe chill a bit. It's not like he's a Drill Seargent." Sora pointed out, amused by his blue-haired friend's actions.

"So you embedded those anti-teacher pellets into a baseball? A fine idea. Much quieter than an airgun, for sure. However..." Koro-Sensei began. "The ball flew so slowly that I got bored waiting for it to arrive, and touching the pellets directly would've been bad for my health. So in the end I popped over to the equipment shed to grab a glove."

Koro-Sensei held up the smoking ball in the baseball glove.

Sora deadpanned at that, what the hell was with this guy?

"Ahh!" Sugino's jaw dropped and his face grew purple, while Nagisa groaned.

Green stripes wrapped around Koro-Sensei's head. "Tick-tock, children." He threw the ball back and forth in the glove. "Graduations will be here before you know it." He turned around to take his leave. "Now then, time for homeroom," he said as he walked back to the classroom.

Nagisa and Sugino watched his back and sighed. "...Yes, sir," Sugino said glumly, bowing respectfully.

Nagisa looked over at him with concern.

"Dammit..." Sugino muttered. "Well, so much for my fastball. Big shock there I guess..." he said scornfully.

Nagisa's brow furrowed. "It was a good throw..."