007 | Beside the Dying Fire

(The beginning of the apocalypse)

April ran down the hallway of her mother's house, hearing her screams.

The sight in front of her was sickening, her mother was getting feasted on by these monsters.

A blood curdling scream escaped Aprils mouth, the undead turned away from her mother and slowly stumbled their way over to the young Smith girl.

Just as she thought her story was over, gunshots filled the apartment, it was her father. He had come for her.

As soon as the walkers were all dead she began crying, holding her mother's body close.

The girls father dragged her off the body and carried her out of the house.

It took them a few hours beofre they got back home, April locked herself in her room. Immediately curling up on her bed and sobbing.

(Now)

(Now)

April was offered a bed in the house after Maggie found out she had slept on the grass. She accepted the offer and immediately went to take a nap.

When she woke up Carl was sleeping on the floor next to her, she thought nothing of it and fell back asleep. She thought by the time she would wake up Rick, Glenn, and Hershel would be back.

She woke and yes they were back but with someone else. The group was discussing the stranger in the living room.

Based off of what Rick said he was just a kid who needed help.

Final decision was to keep him in the empty Barn until they made a choice, whether he would live or die.

That night all April thought about was the boy, I mean her group didn't trust him but she had trusted them?

It could've been her in that barn.

The next morning again everyone gathered deciding whether or not to Lee him alive or kill him.

"Okay so we all know we need to deal with this kid"
Rick spoke assertively. April spoke next in a desperate tone "but he's just a kid, we can't kill him"

Everyone stared at her after this remark.

"Why is this kid even here?" Shane questioned. April rolled her eyes.

Everyone casted their votes, the majority going for killing him.

The girl stormed out of the room and slammed her door. It shouldn't have been that big of a deal for her, but he was just a kid like her.

Later that day everyone was spaced out around the farm, doing their own things.

Everything was fine until Rick started yelling, everybody rushed over to him.

"He's gone, the kid is gone" He was standing outside the barn where the handcuffs were still hooked onto the wall, but no person.

Rick told everybody to start looking for him, not much time had passed before Shane stumbled out of the forest.

He had blood all over his face coming from a large cut.

"Rick Rick!" He yelled across the land.

Everyone looked around wondering what had happened.

"He's armed" He spoke quieter as he came closer.

"Are you okay?" Carl asked in a worried tone, "yeah little bastard snuck up on me"

Before anyone could say anything else Rick was shouting orders.

Maggie grabbed her arm as Shane, Rick, Daryl, Glenn went into the forest.

Carl and April were up in the room, Carl was looking outside with his binoculars.

"You're not gonna see them" The girl spoke as she got up from the bed.

"And how do you know"
"They're to deep in the forest and it's night, and even if it was daytime they're still too deep"
"Okay miss know-it-all"
"I'm just stating well known facts"
"Whatever" He sat on the edge of the bed.

"You know I'm pretty good at tracking, I should be out there" April took his spot at the window when she said this.

"Who taught you how to track" April paused for a moment before answering.

"My dad, he wanted me to be able to hunt"
"Well has it ever paid off?"
"Yeah I mean, I've caught a few things"
"What weapon are you best with"
"Oh well I guess either a pistol or my knife" She turned from facing the window to facing Carl.

"Knife is easy for stealth but pistol is more efficient" She finished. After that they sat in silence.

____________________________________
                                Aprils POV

Carl took my arm and dragged me down the stairs to outside, we started walking around the farm until we saw them.

Rick overtop of him with a bloody knife, and Shane with a stab wound.

Carl raised his gun. I noticed Shane turned running towards Rick.

All my instincts kicked in I took the gun out of Carls hand and shot passed Ricks shoulder.

We all stood over his body.

__________________________________
                     No one's POV

They all walked back to the house. Carl and Rick spoke.

Carl didn't see the stab wound like April had.

He finally asked the question "how did Shane die"

Just then a group of walkers started walking behind them, they ran to the barn and closed themselves in.

Walkers growled and banged on the door.

Rick and Carl poured gasoline all over the floor, Carl took the lighter, me and him climbed the ladder.

Rick opened the doors leading the walkers inside.

Carl dropped the lighter, all the walkers went up in flames.

Meanwhile the rest of the group were shooting walkers trying to clear the farm land.

They jumped from the barn to the van. Rick shot more walkers letting April and Carl climb down, before they saw one of Hershel's getting torn apart by the dead.

They continued running into the forest, we found Hershel was shooting as many dead as he could, they convinced him to come with them.

They piled into a car and drove off the farm. They drove to the highway, Carl said this was the place they had left supplies for Sophia.

Carl insisted on finding Lori.

__________________________________

Finally got a chapter out in honour of Christmas/ New years

Please vote on the next chapter and don't be a silent reader!