"I used to wish that everyone was quirkless, like us," you said, pulling your knees up to your chest, much like Izuku's position. "And sometimes, I wished that there were no heroes or villains, just people. I don't know. He just... And now I'm training to become a hero, and- I don't know, I'm just lost."

"Then... Then I'll help you find what you're looking for," he told you, meeting your black eyes with his determined green ones. "Even if you don't know what it is. I... I just want to help you in any way I can." He spoke to you in such a soft tone that you wanted to just hug him and forget about everything.

"I know you have good intentions, and you're super..." You shook your head. "I don't even know the word for it. Whatever- I just want you to focus on yourself. Don't worry about me."

"But that's what best friends do – worry about each other. I will always think about you, [first name], whether I realize it or not. I mean, sometimes when I'm talking to someone, I think, 'What would [nickname] say?'" His eyes trailed to one of your hands, which was on the floor between you, and rested his own hand on top of it. His rough hand felt like a warm blanket. You could feel and hear his heartbeat, which was so painfully loud, that you wanted to ignore it. You wanted to just beg him to stop liking you. He deserves better than you.

"I'm not going to ask for your forgiveness, but I'll try my hardest to get it. I know it won't be the same, but I just can't deal with you being so distant, [first name]."

"God, Izuku, don't you get it?" you cried, pulling your hand from under his to wipe your burning eyes. "I genuinely can't stay mad at you because you'll look at me with those fucking eyes-"

His heart dropped. Do you think his eyes are ugly? You've never said anything like that before? He couldn't bear the thought of you hating his eyes. "M- My eyes?" he echoed, pointing at his face. "What about them?"

You leaned the side of your head against the top of your knees to stare at him, his green eyes specifically. Your voice dropped down to a whisper, as if you were scared someone would hear your confession. "You have some of the prettiest eyes ever, they're like gems, and it's like I just... forget I'm supposed to be mad at you. And then you'll say the most... t- the kindest, the most genuine, heroic thing I've ever heard, and I get mad at myself for being mad at you, because you're still my best friend, you know that?"

Izuku stared back, his beautiful eyes welling up with tears. His freckled cheeks were flaming. Do you really think his eyes are pretty? He could say the same about yours, and just you as a whole. And he was so happy that you still consider him your best friend. "[nickname]," he melancholically whimpered. "I- I don't deserve your forgiveness. I've been... so shitty to you. Let me make it up to you – for real this time."

There was a long, tense pause as he stared at you, while you glared at the opposite wall. Izuku wanted to know what you were thinking so badly. His eyes traced your side profile before they snapped back to your fully onyx eyes.

"Izuku, can we just forget this ever happened? I just wanna forget everything bad." Your voice sounded so weird to you, like it wasn't you speaking. "My head's been too full of bad things lately. It's like they're shoving all the good memories out."

"Okay," he said. The boy wrapped an arm around your shoulders and flustered at his own boldness. You leaned into his rather solid chest, allowing yourself to feel small again, even if you were a giant compared to him. "I'll make sure to make a lot of good memories with you."

You smiled up at him, and hot blood suddenly gushed out of his freckled nose, causing you to reel away in shock and disgust.

"Holy shit!?"