2018 U-20 World cup

@r.ferguson

liked by @stanwaygeorgia, @sandy_maciver and 2,130 others

@r.ferguson representing my country is one of the proudest things i'll ever do, so chuffed we've made it to the semi finals. will hopefully bring it home 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏆

__

After the quarter finals of the U20 world cup we made it back to our hotel in Vannes, France.

My roommate Georgia scored the 2 goals that won us the match against The Netherlands.

I only met Georgia at the start of my time with the U20 England Squad as I have played for Scotland at the other academy levels.

Moving to the England squad was the best move I ever made. I love the Scotland squad with all of my heart but England is the future of Women's Football.

Georgia and I became so close so fast, it's like we've known eachother for our whole lives. We've done everything together this camp and I have no idea what it's going to be like when I go back to Rangers and Georgia goes back to Manchester City. I can't imagine what I will do not being able to see her everyday.

@StanwayGeorgia

liked by @r.ferguson, @esme.morgan and 1,450 others
@stanwaygeorgia: enjoying representing my country and annoying @r.ferguson 💗

@r.ferguson sometimes you're alright🙃

Sometimes I wonder if my love for Georgia goes beyond friendship. I'd never admit it to G though, she's never even mentioned liking girls before she always talks about boys.

Sometiems I think she feels the same but I imagine i'm just being delusional and seeing stuff that isn't there. Like little smirks and flirty comments. I'm sure she sees them as a joke whereas she doesn't realise that I think she's the most beautiful girl i've ever seen.

Unfortunately we lost the semi final against Japan 2-0. This hit us hard but we will still fight for that 3rd place spot. We had a few days to prepare for the 3rd place match so we decided that we'd use tonight as a rest night and try ignore football. We thought we could hang out, play games and eat some snacks.

@r.ferguson 1m ago

I've been posting my outfits for about a year now, it's been quite a hit and i've gained a couple hundred follows from it

I've been posting my outfits for about a year now, it's been quite a hit and i've gained a couple hundred follows from it. Just something fun away from football.

Me and G headed down to the common room to meet the rest of the squad. Some of the girls wanted to rest so not everyone turned up but a fair few of us are up for it.

We all sat in a circle with some snacks.

"What should we play" Maz asked.

"We could play would you rather?" Ellie suggested.

"We could yeah" Anna said.

"Oo I have an idea" Lessi chimed in, "What about Never have I ever"

There was a unanimous yes coming from the group. Never have I ever it is.

"I'll start!" Esme said. "Never have I ever...Gone to training hungover"

Everyone laughed, multiple people said they had including me. "Making up for the uni student life i'm missing" I laughed.

A few more tame questions were asked until G decided to make it more interesting.

"Never have I ever dated a teammate" she asked.

No one had.

"I have a better one then, Never have I ever Fancied a teammate" She added.

Me, Anna and G drank.

I looked at G confused, she never told me she fancied a teammate. To be fair I never told her either but that's because I can't.

"We will get it out of you guys" Sandy laughed.

We played for a few more rounds before we all decided we should go rest.

I headed to my room before G as she was still talking to Lessi and Esme.

I was sitting on my bed in my pyjamas, reading my book when Georgia walked in. She smiled, grabbed her clothes and went to the bathroom.

That was weird, I thought.

Once she came out I decided to make conversation to see if everything was okay.

"That was fun" I said.

She just nodded.

"Everything okay?"

"Why didn't you tell me you fancy a teammate" She sighed.

"Hey you didn't tell me either. And who said fancy the question was ever fancied. Could be over it" I laughed.

She just gave me a "this is serious" look. "yeah yeah, i don't know. Who is it?" she asked.

I can't tell her. Do i make it up? Do i lie?

"Ri?" She pushed.

"Sorry, I just..." I didn't know what to say.

"Whatever" she sighed.

"G wait" I got up.

I looked her in the eyes and just went for it. I kissed her, it was both the best thing i'd ever done and the scariest. It was electric yet I felt like I was blowing up my life.

I pulled away, looking at her, waiting for her reaction. She kissed me back. I've never been so happy, it's happening.

That night G and I slept together. It was everything I thought it would've been. I loved her so much.

Except the next morning she was no where to be found. She ignored me at training and when I got back to her room her stuff was gone. I had no idea what I'd done. She didn't even acknowledge me for the rest of camp and I never heard from her again.

That following year my mum died, my whole world collapsed that year. I vowed I would never speak to Georgia Stanway again.