England 8-0 Norway

We had been training hard since the Austria game, making sure we were at our best for the next match against Norway.

Georgia and I hadn't spoken much since the plane home from Manchester.

We were boarding the bus to Brighton when Georgia asked to sit next to me.

"Yeah of course" I smiled.

I hadn't slept much the night before from nerves so I tried to sleep on the bus.

I was woken by a tap to the shoulder, "Riley, we are here. Wake up" It was Georgia.

I rubbed my eyes and smiled at her. Still half asleep.

Once I had woken up, I noticed I had a text from Lotte.

Lotte <3

Lotte <3

delivered 10

delivered 10.03am

very cute 😏
delivered 10.04am

I looked at Lotte and rolled my eyes before looking back at the picture and smiling. I saved it to my camera roll and put my phone away before Georgia could see it.

...

The game kicked off, I was starting again.

In the 11th minute we received a penalty. Georgia was to take it.

My heart was racing while Georgia took the penalty. I knew how much she would beat herself up if she missed it, I was praying for her to get it in.

And that she did! Georgia scored the Penalty putting us 1-0 up.

3 Minutes later Beth had the ball and was making her way towards the goal. I ran up to the goal and she passed me the ball which I kicked into the goal. But there was a goal check. My heart was pounding. Thankfully, we were awarded the goal.

Georgia and Beth ran up to me and hugged me. I was so happy, I felt all the emotions at once.

There was 2 goals from Beth and 2 from Ellen before half time. We were all so happy during half time, we were 6-0 up. Although, we didn't celebrate too much because we still had another half to play and you never know what can happen.

In the second half, Alessia and Beth scored making it 8-0 at full time.

We were all so happy. At the end of the match I looked up at the sky and blew a kiss.

...

@r.ferguson

Liked by @p

Liked by @p.ferguson, @markferg, and 23,414 others
@r.ferguson that one was for you mum💗 happy heavenly birthday👼🏼🎂

@p.ferguson 🤍🤍
@markferg she would've been so proud🥰
@lottewubbenmoy ❤️
@stanwaygeorgia 🤍

view 1,023 other comments

...

The day was especially hard for me since it was the second year we had to celebrate my mums birthday without her, and this year I didn't even get to celebrate it with my dad and sister. The girls were all hanging out in the common room but I didn't feel like it so I just stayed behind in the room.

I was looking at old pictures of my mum and I, tears dripping down my cheeks when I heard the door open. I quickly wiped the tears away but you could tell I had been crying.

Georgia didn't say anything she just walked over to me and hugged me. We sat like that for a while before she pulled away, I smiled at her to show her I appreciated it. My mums death was especially hard because it was just a year after the incident with Georgia which meant I didn't have my favourite person to help me through it.

"I brought you some food, figured you'd be hungry" she said, passing me a box.

I smiled at her, "Thank you, G" I could tell that me calling her G had made her happy. I was slowly beginning to trust her again.

"I'm sorry I wasn't around when it happened" she said after a while of silence.

"It's fine" I said. It wasn't her responsibility to look after me as much as I wished she had.

"It's not Ri, I should've been there"

"Well you're here now, that's all that matters" I hugged her. Wanting to try put everything that happened behind us.

"Why don't we watch the Karate kid?" she asked

"I watched it the other day, we could watch the second one though?" I suggested

So we sat and watched the movie.

After the movie, I got ready for bed and tried to sleep.

At around an hour of trying to sleep I was getting restless. "Georgia, are you awake?" I asked.

"Hmm. I am now" she mumbled.

"Sorry. I can't sleep" I sighed.

"Come here" She lifted her blanket up.

I smiled at her and got out of my bed, snuggling into her one.

"Thanks" It only took me 5 minutes to fall asleep in her arms.