4. Stuck in the Middle

I was dreaming. The same scene kept repeating in my head.

But this time, Sean and I weren't sharing a drunken kiss. It was sweet and passionate.

Then Dylan came out of nowhere and they got in a fight. Again.

I opened my eyes and found myself staring into a pair of blue eyes.

I yelped and tugged the blanket over my chin.

Dylan stood there with a nasty bruised jaw. His lip was also swollen.

"Get ready. We're checking out the school," he mumbled and walked out of the room.

I frowned at his injuries and went to the bathroom.

I took a shower and did my normal routine of brushing my teeth, putting a bit of make up, and attempting to dry my hair. I ended up braiding it loosely.

I changed into a blue casual dress and sandals. I put on a ring that matched the dress and last but not least my messenger bag.

I walked into the kitchen and saw Dylan, granddad, and grandma eating bacon, eggs, and toast. I sat down between Dylan and grandma.

He was dressed in plaid trunks a white t-shirt that hinted what was underneath. Too bad he had that ugly bruise on his face but I bet some girls would find that hot I guess.

"Here you go dear," grandma said handing me a plate with breakfast on it.

"Thanks," I murmured eyeing it.

"What's wrong?" she asked.

"She's vegetarian," Dylan mumbled with his mouth full.

"Close your mouth boy!" granddad scowled.

"Thank you though. I'll just take the toast and this," I said grabbing an apple in the middle of the table.

"Pass me the orange juice please," I said nudging Dylan.

He grabbed the pitcher and poured some in my cup.

When we were done eating we started our walk to the school.

"Do you remember what I said last night?" Dylan muttered.

I didn't even want to talk talk about this. Although Sean was hands down the most attractive guy I've met, my brother peas right. I had to stay away from him and the trouble he'll most likely bring.

Why do the hot guys always have to be jerks?

"Well?"

I nodded keeping my eyes on a girl riding a bike in her bikini.

"I'm serious here Mia. That guy's no good," he warned.

"I get it," I said.

He nodded staring ahead of him and I sped up to match my pace with his.

When we reached the school we headed straight to the main office. The lady behind the desk told us to take a seat and that the dean will be here soon since the principal wasn't here.

When the dean came he greeted us and shook our hands. He gave us a quick tour around the rest of the school. It wasn't that big which made it seem like it would get easily crowded here. Luckily we came while everyone was in the middle of class.

We stood at the entrance of the cafeteria, our last stop.

"Well that's about it," the dean concluded.

"It's a pretty small school," Dylan commented.

"Yes but it's a great school," he said. "I suggest you two start attending school soon. When you get here just go straight to the main office and they'll give you your schedule."