𝟭𝟵

Image credit @gelik1x

────────────

A nice warmth was completely surrounding me, paired with a familiar feeling, a familiar scent again...

I slowly awoken, a bit disoriented, eyelids fluttering as my pupils adapted to the dimly lit environment. I noticed some faint rays shining through the curtains and I finally recalled where I was: tucked under the sheets of König's bed, while still wearing his sweatshirt.

I felt a tickling sensation on my hand, so I averted my gaze up and saw König laying next to me, sideways, his hand on mine. His thumb was rubbing my palm softly as he looked at me waking up.

My eyes closed once more, reveling in the moment, praying for this to not be a dream. König's presence felt like a warm blanket while his breathing was calm and steady, just like every other time I woke up beside him during our camp mission.

I shifted closer to him so I could nuzzle myself against his chest, like it was the most natural thing to do. My heart fluttered while my mind got filled with a mushy happiness; for the first time in a while, I felt there was no need to fear or be careful. There was only a precious feeling of... peace.

Even if my mind was begging me to draw some distance, to above all never get enamored with a coworker—I felt a crying need to stay close, as if I needed to desperately cling on to the feeling before it could slip away.

Konig's arms slowly wrapped around me, gently pulling me closer as he hummed a sigh of deep satisfaction. His chest was soft, yet firm, its shape pleasing to my cheek while I felt the slight rise and fall of his breaths as they escaped his lungs. The sound of his heartbeat was slow and calm, its rhythm steady.

"Good morning Schatz..." he muttered near my ear, his voice groggy and raspy.

I slipped my legs in between his, wanting to be as close as possible. He flinched as he felt the coldness of my feet against his clothed limbs, and even though it was obviously a little unpleasant for him, he chose to ignore it.

"Morning..." I whispered back, smiling from ear to ear while my face was fully pressed against him.

He looked down with a small grin, eyeing my petite body in comparison to his. He held me even closer, and I enjoyed every second of it. He stayed still, his fingers now gently brushing my hair as he let out another soft hum of content.

There was something precious about this moment: the sound of his breathing, the way I was fitting so perfectly against his body, and his fingers gently massaging my scalp... Am I dead? Is this heaven I'm experiencing?

"Can I hold you like this forever?" he murmured softly with his still half-asleep voice.

"I wouldn't be against that" I chuckled, my words mostly muffled by König's muscles. I then tilted my head away to grasp a look at him, "But I don't think our superiors would be as compliant."

I could sense the slight smile that accompanied his reply as he looked back down at me.

"I'm going to hold you as long as I can then..." he promised before gently kissing my forehead through his mask. Yep. I'm dead, this is too good to be true.

After a short pause—one of pure bliss, all snuggled up against König; my mind couldn't help but wander back on last night's events. I wasn't willing to bring that up now, but I felt that, if I didn't, I wouldn't be able to fully enjoy this precious intimacy.

"About Kevin..." I started sheepishly, and König's body stiffened instantly. His tone changed to a more serious one, his words slow and steady as he broke the news.