5. I need to know!

Začít od začátku

I had brought to life a character who had everything and still needed someone else to mend herself. It was the first Romantic book I had written. And the first time I had felt love without feeling it for myself.

It was the first time I felt everything that I had been bottling up for years. It was the first time I felt something that wasn't fear to disappoint my parents or the hope of being loved.
It was the feeling of fiction falling in love.

I caress the copy of the book that lay on the table as I flip through it hopping to find something in it that would help me write. That would help me get off the thick feeling in my heart and chest.

"How ironic is it, that you were the gift I saw but never claimed? How ironic is it that I saw hate in my love for you? How ironic is it that I told you that you disgusted me as a teenage boy and yet you were the sole inspiration in all my books? How ironic is it that I am gifted with the power of speech and stringing together perfect romances and dark romances in my books, Yet it claws me bare to find the words to describe what I feel for you?" I ask still pulling out the single dried rose that I still kept inside the book.

It was the rose... Amara had given to me. The day my book was published. I had received multiple chocolates and letters from the girls at school. In fact my locker was filled with nothing but the frantic, and over enthusiastic love for the words I had written.

Yet only Amara had been the one who got what the book had signified. She got me what mattered the most. And I hadn't been able to throw away the rose that she had given.

The girl whom I had been keenly observing since I was ten had never acted the way I assumed. She was the tune of a song I could never figure out but my heart had been well versed with since the moment I saw her.

"Congratulation... On your book Abhi. I hope this rose fills you with the inspiration to write what you can't say with your words." She had smiled so softly. So, kindly that I couldn't help but take that freshly picked rose from her.

Her smile was contagious. I could feel a smile of my own as my fingers brushed against hers to take the flower from her.

"Thank you... Amara." That was all I was able to say.

But her words stayed with me. And the next book I wrote was indeed inspired by the single red rose she gave me.

"You have always been my inspiration princess. Everything feels hollow without you."

I brush my fingers tenderly against the petals of the dried rose. The memories of her smile was the only vision that clouded my mind as I finally wrote the dedication of my next book which was nothing but a message to my wife.

"To her, whose been through hell but wore a smile so heavenly to hide her pain."
.
.
.

15 days later.

Everyday, was the same. The day was spent wallowing outside the gates of the mansion where my life now resided in. More like Rupenzel's ivory tower which was protected by none other than her own personal 'Mother Gothel'. Sorry, I mean brother.

I bet Atharva was taking pleasure in seeing me in the same place as he once was. He was enjoying himself way too much. And I knew it. All because of the smug look on his evil face.

My sister fell in love with this guy?
Seriously?

"Oh look how the days and nights change." He taunted while whistling his way outside yesterday. I seriously can't understand this man. He was filled with so much wrath, sarcasm and yet his way of reacting to the similar scenarios were the complete opposite of mine. His was more light hearted and unnoticeable until he wanted you to know where he had attacked you.