Feeding Time 🍼

The next morning, Floyd sat on the lounging chair in the living room, getting excited to feed Baby Branch for the first time. He was so excited that he skipped breakfast. What!?! Yup. He definitely wanted to feed his younger brother, plus he couldn't sleep all night because he was thinking about how Baby Branch would look when he saw him again.

JD: *frowns* Are you sure you're not going to eat breakfast with us?

Spruce: Yeah. We're having pancakes, although I've got to do a workout afterwards if I want to keep my hard rock abs.

Clay: Plus, Grandma put whipped cream on top of them. Mmmmmm....pancakes.

Floyd: That's okay. I want to feed Baby Branch first.

Grandma Rosiepuff came into the living room with Baby Branch who was making babbling and humming noises.

Branch: BAAA!!

Rosiepuff: I know you're hungry, sweetie. Your big brother Floyd's going to feed you.

Floyd reached out for his baby brother Branch, who lightened up by the time he saw his face. He made cute babbling noises at him. Floyd cuddled and kissed him on the forehead. Taking one bite of his pancake, Spruce came up towards them.

Spruce: *coos* Aww, look at you, Baby Branch.

Clay: *comes towards them* Look who woke up this morning. Awww...*coos*

JD: Hi, Bitty B!

Floyd: I thought you guys are eating breakfast?

Spruce: I am....just wanted to say "hi" to Baby Branch first.

Clay: Me too.

JD: Same here.

Afterwards, JD, Spruce, and Clay returned to the kitchen table to eat their pancakes. Floyd smiled and continued to cooed at Baby Branch, kissing his nose. Branch let out a small, cute giggle.

Leaving the kitchen, Grandma Rosiepuff came into the living room with a small baby bottle filled with milk in it. 

She gave it to Floyd

She gave it to Floyd. The bottle itself was warm, indicating that the milk was definitely warm for Branch to drink. Grandma Rosiepuff guided Floyd on how to feed Branch as Floyd slowly fed him, who hummed and immediately drank the milk, sucking on the bottle.

Floyd: *coos* You must be very hungry. Baby Branch is hungry, isn't he? Oh, yes you are.

Twenty seconds later, Baby Branch moved the bottle away from his mouth.

Branch: WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Floyd: What's wrong? Don't cry. *rocks* Not hungry anymore?

Branch: *opens mouth and wails* WAAA-WAA-WA-WAAAAAAAAAA!!! *makes faces*

Floyd: Why are you making those faces?

John Dory came around with syrup all over his mouth.

JD: He needs to be burp.

Floyd: Oh.

JD: Here, all you got to do is hold him like this......

John Dory held Baby Branch, placing him on Floyd's shoulders while Floyd held onto his younger brother.

JD: Now pat him on the back. Firmly, but be gentle too.

Floyd: I think I know how to be gentle.

Spruce: *from the kitchen* He's got a point there, John.

Clay: Yeah. Why is he called "The Sensitive One"?

JD: ..........

Floyd: Okay. Shhhh.....it's okay, Branch. I got you.... *pats him on the back*

Branch: WAAAAAA......waaaaa......mmmmmmmmm....*lets out a tiny burp*

Floyd: Oh. Excuse you, Baby Branch.

Branch: *hums*

JD: See? There you go.

Branch: *burps*

Floyd: *giggles* Excuse you again, Baby Branch. *coos* So cute! Yes, you are!

Floyd continued to pat Branch who kept burping until he made a noise, which Floyd figured that he wanted more milk. He continued to feed and burp Branch until the milk was all gone.

Rosiepuff: Such a big brother you are, Floyd.

Floyd: *smiles* Thanks Grandma. *stomach growls* And now I'm ready to eat.

Floyd carried Branch towards his high chair, putting him in it. Floyd washed his hands and sat at the table, grabbing a fork, eating his yummy pancakes with his older brothers, who were halfway done eating breakfast. Floyd smiled at Baby Branch who was now sucking onto his blue pacifier, looking at each of his brothers in such curiosity. When Branch looked at Floyd, he kept sucking onto his pacifier, staring at him for a while. Out of the blue, Branch let out his hands as if he wanted Floyd to hold him.

Floyd: *gasps* Awwwwwwwww!!! He wants me to hold him again!