Mane triM!

June. The Friday school ended was always one of the greatest joys students looked forward to. We had finished our exams and the last three weeks that remained in the school year was spent with us being idle during class, talking, laughing and tuned in on our electronics. It's one of the only times we could do such at school.

    The handful of pupils who did venture into the halls today dispersed as soon as the bell rang at 2:45. Laughing and chatting, Dustin and I left our class and went straight to Carson's debate team quarters so we could all leave together. We waited outside because their teacher hadn't finished going over the dispute they had a few weeks ago and was giving detailed corrections.

   After paying for some refreshments from the canteen, Mandy and Gibbs crossed the street towards us in less than five minutes. They were all giddy, warm, and full of grins, and just seeing them made me miss Gob. I couldn't wait to spend as much time as possible with him this summer.

As Carson's class was finally dismissed, we spotted Beth walking towards us. We were all now standing outside coming up with a plan on whether to walk or wait for a bus whilst Beth texted her mother.

"Where is your mother actually?" Dustin asked, gathering a quick glimpse of her screen.

"Um..." Beth locked her screen "My brother's going to a top sports school in America and she didn't want to leave him by himself so she tagged along but she will be coming back and forth!"

    The others accepted that answer and moved on but I knew it was a fib. My mother, sister and I had already discussed this and knew her mother had to know something about Kendricks new trial that could potentially put him in jail and fled because of it. And I support her two hundred percent.

"Ok, let's just walk we might get a bus along the way" Gibbs suggested.

"If we don't, you're carrying me the rest of the way because I really wouldn't like to walk today!" Mandy replied throwing the right strap of her backpack onto her shoulder.

"Whatever!"

And as we walked it wasn't long until we got a bus and all sat towards the back.

"Okay. We need to be out and about this summer!" remarked Dustin.

"Okay. But where?" I questioned.

"Well... this Monday there's a clean up the environmental club's doing on the beach" we sucked our teeth "Don't worry I'll be doing all the cleaning you guys don't have to do anything... Y'all can come after because when we're finished we're gonna stay and relax. Plus food, drinks and snacks will be provided by my grandmother from the hotel so..."

"I heard free food and was IN!" I said laughing.

"Exactly!" Beth said, her face filled with a smile and snorts coming out of her mouth as we high-fived.

"And y'all wonder why we have second thoughts inviting y'all places?!" Dustin joked.

Both Beth and I raised our middle fingers to him.

"I will be coming for sure! But I gotta get my hair done and Gibbs you're definitely getting your hair freshened up!" Mandy said excited.

"Yeah that reminds me I gotta get a haircut too!" Dustin chimed in.

"I think imma get my hair curled a little more and add some brown highlights!" Carson injected.

"What about you Beth? You gonna get a new hairstyle?" I asked.

"I'm actually not sure. My hair has grown so much..."

Those were the last words Mandy heard before her sentence faded into background noise as she observed the picture before her. The bus had stopped at a red signal. Gibbs, who was sitting next to her in the window seat, looked out the window and noticed the group of athletes from our school walking with Gary and some of his new friends from his new school and waved to them. Mandy quickly called onto him.