3. Let me in.

"Kiara don't do this. I changed." I pleaded.
"People like you don't change." She replied.
"How would you know when you never even gave me another chance" I cried.
"You-" Kiara began to snarl at me before JJ stopped her.
"Go back inside Kie, let me talk to y/n" he shouted using a hard tone.

Kie didn't reply she just stared at JJ blankly, distraught and clearly hurt. Then she turned around the slammed door behind her.

"Let's go for a walk" JJ insisted taking my hand in his, I smiled and followed his lead down to the peer a few meters away from the chateau.

"JJ..." I started.
"Y/n I'm attracted to you" JJ randomly blurted, "so much so I don't even care what Kie has to say" he spoke so passionately.
"You might care if you knew" I whispered.
"Then tell me, please."
"I asked her if she could steal some liquor from her parents, she didn't want to but I pressured her. When she went to get the bottles she got caught by her parents, she tried throwing me under the bus but they didn't believe her." I explained solemnly, lowering my head shamefully.
"And she stopped talking to you after that?"

"Yeah"

"That's dramatic" JJ blurted.

My eyes widened and I lifted my head, I gave him a confused but happy look.

"I'm just saying there are way worse things that you could've done." He responded taking my hands in his.

"Thanks JJ... I-"

We turned towards a small boat that was heading straight for the jetty. I squinted my eyes to try and make out who it was.

"Sarah?"
"John B?"

We shouted at the same time as we waved them over. They quickly approached the jetty, when Sarah and John B stepped out of the boat hugs were shared, Pope and Kie came down to ask the same questions we had. One question.

"Where were you John B and with that girl?" Kie demanded. I looked at Sarah who didn't say anything in response to Kie's remark, she just rolled her eyes.

"Sarah helped me find the map" John B explained, taking a small wooden crate from boat.

"A map?" We asked.

"To the crystal orb" he said excitedly, taking a single piece of paper out of the crate.

"The crystal orb? Like the one that's supposed to grant superpowers? Isn't that just a story we were told as kids?" I questioned hardly believing what I was hearing.

"I thought so too, but it's real y/n" Sarah explained giving the biggest grin.

"Well Sarah and y/n, looks like your work here is done. You can leave now." Kie blurted abrasively, crossing her arms with a giant grin.

"No" JJ and John B, protested in response.

"Sarah helped find a key clue, she's apart of this now" John B argued.

"And I haven't finished my conversation with y/n" JJ responded.

Kiera let out a sarcastic chuckle, then uttered, "Wow okay then. It's either me and them." Then she walked away.

"Wait Kie" Pope shouted following her.

John B picked up the crate, "We better go sort this out. See you two soon?" He asked.

"Yeah for sure" JJ replied bubbly.

JB and Sarah smiled, then hurried to the chateau.

"I think there's a lot we don't know about each other." I turned to JJ, chuckling.

"Yeah, but that can easily be solved" JJ spoke impassioned, he softly placed his hand on your cheek. "Let me take you out, formally." He insisted lovingly.

"Oh JJ, that would be great." I smiled but it was short lived when I remembered why I had come to see him in the first place, I pulled away gently.

"What's wrong y/n, is that not why you came to see me." He was confused and rightfully so.

"Yes but also—" I pulled my phone out of my pocket and showed him the photo of us last night.

Immediately his body language changed from gentle and loving to dull and indignant, he harshly snatched the phone from me.

"When I find out who sent this, I'll be sure to give them a piece of my mind. How dare they violate our privacy like that." He yelled passionately with malicious intent.

"And I'll definitely help" you placed a gentle hand on his shoulder and immediately felt him become calm again.

"Let's do that date to not only get know each other better but also to figure out who has photos, we can eat at the beach hut on figure 8" you smiled softly.

"That sounds great but I'll have to let you know because I need to deal with the John B, Sarah and Kie situation or I at least need to be there for all of them"

"I understand JJ, text me when you're free" i reassured.

I placed a soft hand on his neck while kissing him on the cheek.

We said our 'see you laters' and I got back into my car. I was going to go home but I realised if my parents knew I snuck out, they'd ground me forever and confiscate my driving privileges. I sighed and rested my head on the steering wheel feeling defeated and torn of where to go now.

Finally, after deliberating with myself for a few minutes I ultimately decided to go home and face whatever consequences awaited me.