─𝘵𝘸𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘺 𝘰𝘯𝘦

lost in ruins

──────

⋆*°•✦✧⊹⋆ Freya hasn't slept since the night before entering the arena

⋆*°•✦✧⊹⋆ Freya hasn't slept since the night before entering the arena. And once again, she was entirely mute. Reese was scared for his sister. He saw the introduction parade, he saw the interview, and he saw the games. He knew how she and Aryan felt for each other. For the first time in seven years, despite the circumstances, he saw a genuine smile on his sister's face, and now it was gone again.

She tried her hardest to contribute to District 13, but like Katniss and Finnick, she could hardly even breath.

"I tried to go back for them," Finnick told them both in his hospital room. "But I couldn't move."

Katniss looked at him sadly, and Freya rubbed his shoulder. Despite not talking, she was at least surrounding herself with those she cared about. And right now, that was with the two people who understood her pain.

"They have Annie too. She's in the Capitol."

Freya nodded, indicating that she already knew and leaned back on the bed.

"I wish she was dead. I wish they were all dead and we were too," he spoke bitterly. Freya smacked his shoulder and waved her finger.

"Fine, how about a more obtainable wish. I wish you'd speak again."

She rolled her eyes and got up to go back to her hospital room, giving them both a sad smile as she walked out.

Reese was sitting in a chair beside her bed, his usual spot. He woke up with a start upon hearing her, but when he saw she was out of bed, he sighed and stood up.

"Freya, you know you can't be up," he told her softly as he laid her back down. She waved him off and curled up onto the bed, letting the tears slip again.

All she could do since she woke up was cry, and not listen to her doctors.

"You get discharged tomorrow," he told her softly. "Get some sleep, and when you wake up, you'll be in a normal bed."

But she didn't care about that. She just wanted one thing.

And he was gone.

⋆*°•✦✧⊹⋆ • ⋆⊹✧✦•°*⋆

Katniss came storming into Freya's room as she was packing up her stuff, making her raise an eyebrow.

"They want me to be the face of the revolution!" She shouted angrily. "A mockingjay, they called it. But they couldn't save Peeta and Aryan, or Johanna and Annie! Why do they think I'll help them with anything!"

Freya sat down next to Katniss and wrapped an arm around her shoulder.

"District 12 is gone," she continued. "Gale barely got my mom and Prim out."