Griffin Part 5

I slowly woke up to soft snoring I looked around and saw Bruce laying across Vance's lap. I didn't see robin so i just assumed that he was some where for break feast.  

I grabbed the space book Robin got me and started to look at all of the planets. They looked so pretty. When i am older i'm going to space everything is so pretty there.

I got a text from Robin. I glanced over and saw something "Billy" so i decided to look at it.

Text from Robin: Hey finn Vance wanted me to pick up Billy and Griffin js wanted to see if you were all right with that. Have you met either of them?

Text: Yeah i dont mind. I have met Billy not Griffin.

Robin: Oh ok.

*robin has went offline*

i started feeling weird like that feeling you get when someone is staring at you. 

of course it was just Vance he always seems to stare at me when he wakes up. Finally he looked down and Bruce (who was still sleeping) and smiled.

"Finn, did Robin already ask you about Billy and Griffin coming over?"

"yup."

"You ok with it?"

"Of course!

"Okay. " 

Vance just looked at Bruce and started playing with his hair. 

*After a bit*

I guess i fell asleep. I glanced around and saw Griffin who was writing something down in a "hush journal" 

"ohh"

Everyone looked at me.  "what?"

"oh oops sorry i was just thinking of something.."

i didnt actually remember anything like that but i was not about to say something stupid.

I looked at griffin a little more. He was wearing pretty light green cargo pants, a white shirt, and black and white converse. His hair was kind of short but curly, curlier than mine but not as curly as vance's. His hair was dirty blonde. He had scars (that i could barely see) on his arms and some on his face. I wanted to ask why but because i had scars of my own and hated telling people about it so i did not ask.

Griffin eventually looked at me so i looked away as quickly as i could but i think he saw me cuz i heard a soft laugh. I decided  to ignore it and just turn to robin who was squinting his eyes trying to read (from what i could see) Percy Jackson the lightning thief. 

"need glasses?"

he looked up kind of embarrassed but just laughed that soft laugh that made me feel good. My face felt hot not the mad kind of hot but like blushing. I hope i was not blushing as much as i thought. 

"No just trying to make out what the small words are." 

"oh yeah totally"

he laughed again. But this time softer prettier. 

after i stopped blushing so hard i managed to spit out: thats a great book you're reading or at least trying to read. my favorite actually.

"Yeah it's really good."

Vance nudged robin and said: come on were going to go get some food 

he looked at me and said dont worry we can get you some to. i didnt say anything i just nodded.

everyone except griffin got up and left. I admired Griffin's style one more time. He laughed again but it was more like he remembered something  painfull. then he sighed.

"sorry i laugh obnoxsously  when i remember something that wasnt happy."

"its ok i do the same."

he looked up for a second and i could see his scars more clearly.. it was like some of vances from fights and stuff. He also had really red eyes as if he had not slept in a while.