Because really, there was nothing to fucking worry about.

Still, there were times I wished Veronica wasn't around, but we needed her.

"Okay," I shifted on my feet, keys dangling in my hands, "Um, I love you. I'll see you later, then."

When I left the house, I drove to the warehouse. If it wasn't for having to work, I'd be staying home with Anna to try and comfort her. Not like she wanted it anyway, she had been pushing me away since last night. I tried not to think about it as I parked in the parking lot and made my way into the warehouse.

I closed the door behind me, an echo booming off the walls. Ajax moved more people in London, down to Madrid. Just temporarily. We needed people on the bench in case shit went fucking south. I was hoping that it wouldn't, but I knew that it was bound to happen.

As I walked towards my desk, Veronica came sauntering towards me from the side. She had a wide smile on her face, for some reason it fucking annoyed me. Knowing that I was here with her instead of at home with Anna, something about it just didn't feel right to me.

"Take a wild guess who I ran into last night." She stated as she followed me to my desk.

I blew out a breath, pushing my curls out of my face as I sat down, then pulled the chair to the desk. I looked down at the papers already on the table, grabbing a pen as my lips pushed to the side.

"I don't have too," I said without making any eye contact, "She already told me."

Veronica huffed, crossing her arms over her chest, "That's not fun."

I rolled my eyes, shooting her a glare, "Listen, whatever the fuck is going on between you two, you need to squash it. I don't care about what happened before," I scolded lightly, tapping my pen on the table, "She's my girlfriend. At some point you two will have to get along."

"You're scolding me, for what?" Veronica's mouth agape, "I didn't say anything! I saw her at the fucking station, smoking a damn cigarette. It's not my fault she was on the wrong side of town."

I shook my head, trying to ignore her words until they struck me. Wrong side of town? What the fuck was she talking about?

"What?" I said lowly, squinting my eyes as the pen dropped from my hand, standing tall, "If anything, you were on the wrong side of fucking town. Why were you near our house anyway? That's fucking irresponsible, Veronica."

"What?!" Veronica half laughed, "I was no–,"

"I don't want to hear it," I held a hand up to her, "Don't you have some heels to polish or some shit? Get out of my space. I'm already stressed as is."

Veronica stared me down, eventually rolling her eyes, "Fuck you, man. You're such a prick now-a-days."

She muttered some curses under her breath as she fled my space. I sank back down into my chair, I could feel a headache starting to come on. I hated when people bombarded me the second I walked in. They should know better to let me do some work before bothering me.

I took a deep breath, starting to shuffle through the paperwork. This wasn't all I did of course, but for the clients that I signed on, I had to make sure that it matched the order sheets. Recently I sealed another deal which doubled my salary. I was swimming in more money than I knew what to do with. I could burn it all and still have a few million left over.

After signing some papers, I got up from my desk and made my way to the back of the warehouse. This was where we kept everything; it was vaulted almost, very difficult to get in if you didn't know your shit. Ahead, there were two men with guns guarding the door. I nodded to both of them as one of the men opened the door and let me in.