🅔🅟🅘🅛🅞🅖🅤🅔

! This is not a happy ending but a real ending. I'm sorry for your broken heart. !

Time will not stop.

Yet it is not necessary for Death, it does not obey it, time for Death is just a unit that will one day cease to exist.

But Death once lived, once counted and enjoyed every second of its life. But even that life ended in her hands, like every other she had come to love or cherish, gradually every soul that cared for her ended in her hands.

It first began with her father, who found peace in his life, knowing that one day he would meet his daughter. She never understood how oblivious he would be to her eternity, yet she let him believe. And so, with a final kiss on the forehead and a loving look, he closed his eyes and left. She hoped he had met her mother.

Not long after, her friends decided they had seen all the beauty of the world and would eventually pass on the legacy to their descendants. She attended the funerals of the Salvatore brothers, whom she cared for despite their foolish decisions. Rose, Damon's wife, went peacefully with him, just as Caroline followed Stefan. Tyler, the boy who was once full of rage, found peace along with the werewolf Hayley, who didn't give up on him like he gave up on her, they were their own supports. Bonnie refused to give up her magic and so lived a full human life alongside Enzo, but that had to end as she grew older, yet together they welcomed death with open arms. They were soon followed by her loyal friends Katherine and Lexi, who after many years of running away stopped and enjoyed the moments that life had to offer. Their departure was difficult, but Death knew their souls were at peace and she would take care of their children as she had promised.

She didn't allow herself to shed a tear, all she could muster was a small sad smile. Because she had too many memories with them to forget.

A harder departure was her sister Elena, they might not have gotten along when they needed to, but eventually she came to her senses and apologized for everything. Death didn't forgive her but let them start over, after all she had raised her and Elena had loved her more than anything, she had done it once. She found her happy ending and gave her heart peace. So did her little brother Jeremy and his partner Anna, both letting their desires guide their lives, and so ended along with the next adventure, which was the last to begin for them. Death felt a bittersweet taste as she placed another rose on the grave. She was there again. Buried next to the people she had raised, her aunt, someone who had always been there for her and believed in her. Someone who had chosen eternity for her, yet it wasn't enough as she walked away with her husband Marcel by her side smiling peacefully to her family.

This goodbye was not sad or happy, it just was. Death couldn't afford to think about it, because she would have spent all night at their graves, not wanting to leave them, but she had her own eternity and knew they were together.

Death knew that the worst was slowly approaching, but that was nothing new, she had felt it from the beginning. Even though her family had stayed for a long time and was happy, whether by the new additions to the family or for the moments with their loved ones and family, she wanted to go. The first to go was Finn, who had lived a full life thanks to Camille, he announced his planned departure with a heavy heart, but received understanding from his family. Freya and Keelin, being a witch and a werewolf, also had the end close, they wanted it that way when they were offered immortality, so no one argued with them, their son understood and promised them that they would meet at the end.

These funerals were hard, their family watched as the ship caught fire and their bodies slowly turned to dust while their souls passed into peace. Losing a family member is not easy and losing a sibling you grew up with is heartbreaking.