ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 55 'ᴘᴀʀᴛʏ & ʟᴇᴛᴛᴇʀ'

Thana POV

My outfit

The calm before the storm

Just moments ago I was lying in Nik's arms in our bed and we were enjoying a peaceful morning with wet kisses and silent compliments that made my heart flutter. A while ago I thought we would spend the whole day in bed, but someone decided otherwise.

Because someone thought it would be a good idea to throw a party in honor of the peace and quiet that had occurred among all the supernatural residents of Mystic Falls. I don't want to say anything, but this is exactly why I would start another fight. Unfortunately, Elijah disagreed with me and has been following me since I proposed this wonderful idea.

We've had a great few days since the Other Side anchor situation was resolved, those kind of days when everyone was just hanging around or going to school, I might add that I don't envy anyone at the school.

Rebekah made me go dress shopping for tonight, so instead of hanging out in bed all day, I got to hang out with the girls at the mall. It was an ordeal that Frey thought wasn't all that bad. I assumed she was on my side and agreed that these few hours were torture, yet at the end of the day she agreed it was worth it.

How can torture ever be worth it?

I let my thoughts run through my head as I checked myself in the mirror. I was wearing a dress that I bought during the day. The golden dress reached halfway down my thighs and clung to my body. Instead of sleeves, strings of gold fabric covered with small gold stones flowed down my shoulders. They were slimmer in the waist and showed off my curves. I left my hair loose in waves and my make-up simpler, although I accentuated my eyes and lips.

I heard a knock on the door as my gaze drifted to the person who had entered the room. Rebekah smiled at me. "You look gorgeous."

"We're both charming," I returned her smile. Rebekah wore a short tight dark green sequined dress with a cut out shoulder. And her blonde locks were in curls.

''I don't want to disturb, but the others are already downstairs and starting to get drunk,'' Freya informed us, standing in the doorway. A pale blue dress framed her figure and her face lit up with the smile she had been wearing every second of the past few days. I should probably mention that she's been twice on a date with a certain dark haired woman named Keelin... who graces us with her presence tonight.

''Kee won't be able to take her eyes off you,'' I winked at Freya who blushed in her cheeks. Before she could say anything back, I walked past them and headed downstairs. "We should go before they drink all the good wine."

I heard their laughter behind me and started down the stairs. "Ah, I'm already starting to wonder where you are, maybe if you gave me a few more minutes and a glass of bourbon, I'd go look for you," Damon greeted me with his classic smile.