Chapter 2 - Friday 21st September 2007

10:18am
One of the jobs that I applied for has already sent me the application form. Wicked! Problem is that I need certain forms of I.D to attach with the application form, I think. Certainly they need the I.D before the possibility of hiring me. Understandable.
Took Sven, my Swedish Lapphund dog, out for his morning walk, and met up with a few other dog owners. It was the pensioners club! The pensioners being the two other owners plus all three dogs! A Springer Spaniel came charging on to the park and was definitely a young whippersnapper! He was making a fuss of Sven, who didn't react to begin with but then decided to chase the Spaniel round the park for about a minute. Sven was doing well to keep up with him considering his age (12 years old).
Feeling his age, Sven stopped while the Spaniel on the other hand was running around in circles and leaping on Sven, obviously trying to get him to play. Sven on the other hand gave me a look as if to say, 'I'm to old for this!'
I'm currently doing what I normally do to fill my unemployed days. Either playing on my football manager game or watching a DVD, of which I have almost 500! I hope to do better on my manager game than Jose Mourinho, the now former manager of Chelsea, who left the club by 'mutual consent' yesterday. The Football world was shocked by that announcement. I was too if I've honest.
It's a shame that Leicester City, my hometown club, had just hired a new manager, it would've been hysterical if we hired Jose! He's apparently getting a £20million pay off. If I got that, I'd offer to manage Leicester for free! At least till the end of the season anyway! 10:34am

1:39pm
I can't believe what I've just read on the teletext news. I'll write the report:
Drowning Death: PCSOs backed
Police Chiefs have defended two community support officers who stood at the edge of a pond as a boy drowned.
Jordon Lyon, 10, jumped into the water after his eight-year-old stepsister Bethany got into difficulties while swimming at a beauty spot in Wigan.
Two fishermen jumped in to save Bethany but Jordon became submerged. A Police spokesman said PCSOs "are not trained to deal with major incidents"

I can't believe that! Surely gut instinct would've taken over? While the fishermen were rescuing Bethany surely the PCSOs could've tried to save Jordon? If they're not insured or whatever and be for some reason punished for doing something out of their jurisdiction, then that is completely stupid. If I were the PCSO, then I'd jump in and save the boy and deal with the consequences later. Rather that, than have a boy's death on my conscience.
How can the police defend them? If they aren't trained to deal with major incidents it's about bloody time that they were! It's the same with a report I read in the Sun newspaper today. A teenage boy was hanging around a train station brandishing an AK47 machine gun. When a workman called the police, they didn't respond immediately, actually they didn't respond until it was too late.
The workman and his boss went to a police station the next day with some CCTV pictures. Greater Manchester Police said that with little information and no immediate threat to life it was decided that an armed response vehicle wasn't needed, wasn't necessary. That's crazy in itself! Someone waving around a gun and armed response wasn't called? When would they have acted? When the boy shot and maybe killed someone?
What makes it more bizarre is that he got on a train before ordinary plain clothes officers arrived at the scene. With the murder of Rhys Jones about 5 weeks ago in Liverpool, it's about flaming time that the police acted on the ever-increasing gun crime culture. I hope to God that the teenage kid with the gun, hands it and himself in, before he gets himself into even more serious trouble. Ok. Rant over! 2:04pm