History repeats itself

(Y/N)'s POV
I nuzzle my face on the crook of Neuvillette's neck. "Sweetheart." "What is it, dear?" "Let's get married." "We're literally doing the invitations." "Is that a yes?" He rubs my back. "Yes, I will marry you, dear." "Yay." I peck his jaw. "Hey Neuvi." He hums. "I'm friends with an archon and I was wandering if we could invite him... maybe." "(Y/N)... we're getting married. Now, you know I'm not very fond of archons, but I do want you to be with people you care about." "Thank you." "You don't have to thank me dear, it's our wedding. Although if you do want to thank me I'd take a kiss." "Oh? How dare you ask for such a thing! Before marriage, oh what an unholy thing." I kiss him and he cups my face and deepens the kiss. I pull away and smile. "Let's continue with these." I turn around and write names on the invitations.

"Hey, Neuvi." He hums. "Wanna sit on my lap?" "Is mine uncomfortable?" "Of course not! You've just never sat on my lap." "Alright then." I stand up and he does, too. I sit down and he sits on my legs. I kiss his cheek and continue writing names on the invitations.

.
.
.

Neuvillette grabs me by my waist and spins me around. "Just one month left." I nod. "Just one month and we'll be husbands." I kiss him.

.
.
.

Neuvillette's POV
Water... red flows through the water. Crying?

I open my eyes. I get up and run to the beach. I hear heavy breathing. "(Y/N)?" I hear whimpers. "(Y/N)!" I run towards the sound and see sand stained with blood. "(Y/N)!" I look down and see a small fox with two tails. I kneel down and pick him up. "Dear, are you okay?" I run to the fortress of Meropide. "Sigewinne!" "Monsieur Neuvillette?" "It's (Y/N)! I don't know what happened I just found him on the sand and two of his tails are gone. He's bleeding so much, I don't know what to do. I don't know if you can help him bu-" "Take him to the infirmary." I go to the infirmary and set him on the bed.

Time passes and I just sit while looking at Sigewinne taking care of (Y/N). "Sigewinne, can you believe it's raining cats and dogs out there?" I look up and see Wriothesley. "Oh... is that (Y/N)?" I nod. I hear a mumble. My eyes widen and I run to the bed. "(Y/N)?" Sigewinne stands up and leaves the room with Wriothesley. "Hydro dragon..." He moves his paw to my hand. "Hydro dragon, don't cry." "Oh dear, I was so worried." I rub his ear. "I'm a fox, I don't die that easily. My tails will grow back." "I thought I would lose you. I thought it would be like last time." "Don't worry. I had four lives. I got some wounds so thank you for bringing me here to close them." I sit on the bed and he climbs to my lap. "I was so scared." "Sorry." "Please don't ever ever leave me." "I won't, sweetheart." He licks my hand. "Sorry, honey, I can't really go back to my human form until I heal." I nod. "It's alright, dear. I love you." "I love you, too." "We'll stay here for the night." "Alright."

I lay on the bed and hug him. He licks my cheek and I smile. "How did you know where I was?" "The water. I dreamt about it." "You're awesome. If only I could kiss you right now." He closes his eyes and shakes a bit. I feel arms wrap around me and see his face in front of mine. His lips press against mine and we share a short kiss. "Where are your clothes?" He blushes and goes back to being a fox. "Takes extra effort." I chuckle. "Let's sleep. You should get some rest."

.
.
.

I wake up and feel something warm around my hips and thighs. "Are you awake, sweetheart?" I open my eyes and see (Y/N)'s face in front of me. Our noses graze each other. "Tails." He smiles and kisses my chin. "This probably doesn't feel as warm as four, but I hope it's okay." "You're human." "I mean... not really but yes I am human right now." I smile and peck his lips. I rub his cheek with my thumb and hug him. "I'm glad you're better now." "Yes, all thanks to Sigewinne." "What were you doing in the beach?" "The weather was nice yesterday." He shifts around. "You're hiding something." He blushes. "I went out to water my plants and ended up chasing a butterfly." I stifle a laugh. "Hey!" "You're adorable! But be careful, dear. I do want to marry you this life." He nods and pecks my lips. "Let's go out to get breakfast." He nods and stands up. I hug him tightly. "Awe, you are the sweetest man alive." He wraps his arms around my neck and jump and I hold his waist and spin him. Then Sigewinne comes and scolds us for being to aggressive. She leaves and we snicker.

"Damn, you are so bad behaved, Neuvillette. How dare you spin me around?" He gives me that glare. I kiss him. He wraps his arms around my neck and pulls me down to the bed. "Hey, Sigewinne told m- Sigewinne, they're misbehaving!" I pull away and look at Wriothesley. "I am traumatized. My poor eyes... if only I could still take a dip in the primordial water." (Y/N) chuckles and Sigewinne comes back and scolds us again saying that (Y/N) should rest and be careful with his wounds. I smile and stand up and help (Y/N) up and we all leave to get breakfast. We eat while Wriothesley complains about being traumatized. "Come on, it was just a kiss!" "That was not for my eyes to see." "Then close them next time." "No! No next times! No more kissing in the infirmary!" "Can you stop screaming that we kissed in the infirmary!" I see some people turn to look at (Y/N) and Wriothesley.

"Not me and him! Him and him!" He points to (Y/N) and me. "You didn't have to tell them that!" "Well I didn't want them to think I kissed you that's gross!" "They obviously knew, who would ever want to kiss you!" "I'm a very attractive man!" "No, you are in fact not!" "Uh rrrrude!" "Bitch." "Asshole." "Idiot." "Cocksucker." "Uhm yes, but no need to call me out like that." "(Y/N)!" "Kidding, kidding. Worry not, your precious Chief Justice remains a virgin... for now." "(Y/N)!" "I mean... uhm he'll continue being a virgin for the next few centuries." "(Y/N)!" "I'll just shut up now." "Thank you, there was no need to traumatize Sigewinne." "I'm older than you." "Pshh details." (Y/N) smiles and holds my hand over the table. "Ewwww, Sigewinne! Neuvillette and (Y/N) are holding hands!" "You're just jealous that I get to hold a hand and you only get to hold your cup of tea." "Uhm, excuse me!" "Either way, stop complaining, you'll have to see us kiss if you want to be at the wedding." "I'll cover my eyes."