For Neuvillette

(Y/N)'s POV
I walk towards Lyney after the whole trial had been solved. "Little magician?" "What?" His voice sounds cold. "I'm glad all of that is done." I smile softly. "You shou-" "You will introduce me to your siblings if I leave?" His eyes widen. "You still want to meet them?" "Of course I do, little magician." He smiles softly. "You're not upset I hid being a-" "Of course not. I'm always on your side, no matter what, little magician." He hugs me and I hug him back. "I'm glad you're not gone, Lyney. I'd really miss you." "I'm glad, too." I grin and feel a presence behind me after a while. "Monsieur Neuvillette." I turn around and smile. "Greetings." He nods. "May I have a word?" I nod and walk out with him.

Neuvillette's POV
I don't really know why I asked to have a word with him. It may have been on impulse, but I feel the need to. "What is it, Monsieur Neuvillette?" "You're from Inazuma, is that correct?" "Oh! I brought you a gift!" "Huh?" "I brought you water from Inazuma." "Did you?" "Yes! Its right over..." He looks inside his bag and picks up a flask. "Here!" He hand it to me. "What a thoughtful gift, I am most thankful." He nods and smiles. "Oh, so what were you gonna say?" "I thought maybe I could ask a Melusine to show you around." "Oh, that won't be necessary, I know the city quite well." I remain in silence.

"Although..." My eyes light up, but I don't really know why. "I think the stores here might have changed since I came here the last time. Perhaps you could accompany me to a restaurant, or well, give me a recommendation." "That'd be nice, but I'm a bit busy right now, I need to go to my office and then we could go later." "Sure! Would it be okay for me to wait with you?" "Of course." "Let me go say goodbye to Lyney, then." I nod and he runs to where Mr. Lyney was, a bit goes by and for some reason I feel uneasy. I move towards the slightly open door. "I'll see you later, my little magician." He ruffles Mr. Lyney's hair. I move away from the door as he heads out.

"I'm back." He grins and we walk to my office. I go behind my desk and he follows, but he looked like he was pretty sure of what he was doing so I didn't say anything. I take a seat and he moves my hair over my shoulder.

I sit on the bed and (Y/N) moves my hair over my shoulder. "You'll sit on your hair and pull it, dear."

"You'll sit on your hair and pull it." "Thank you." A slight smile forms on my lips, it was weird, but it felt natural. He takes a seat. I get to work and some hours go by. I look up from my desk and notice him watching me. "So... how is Sedene? I didn't see he-" He stops speaking and my eyes widen. "You know Sedene?" "W-well I came here a long time ago so... uhm yeah. I saw her you know, just like saw her around." I smile. "You seem to care a lot for just seeing her around." "Uhm- uh- I just.." "You're quite caring." I smile and stand up and walk to him. "I'm finished for today, shall we head out?" I offer him my hand.

"Well of course, my love." He giggles and places a kiss on the tip of my nose.

"Well of course, thank you." He giggles and takes my hand to stand up.

We walk hand in hand towards a restaurant.

He lets go of my hand after standing up and walks besides me. We walk in silence, but a part of me really wants to hear his voice. "Can you see? Do your bangs not get in the way?" He looks at me and smiles. "I'm blind in that eye." "Oh." "I mean technically I'm not blind on that eye, I just don't have an eye." "Did something happen or were you just born like that?" "I got injured when I was younger. I was in a duel with my master in Inazuma. He just plucked my eye out I guess."

"I got injured when I was younger. I was training with my dad back in Liyue, and my eye got slashed."

"Are you okay?" We stop walking and I turn to look at him. "Oh, yeah, this is not my first time being blind." "What?" I look at him, confused. "I should've died... I could be free at last, but no, he just had to save me." "Huh?" "Ah, sorry, I forgot what I was saying, don't mind me." He smiles and grabs the tip of my sleeve and pulls me with him to the restaurant. We take a sit and he orders some tea. "You're so familiar with the city, you mentioned you came before?" "Oh, yes. It was a while ago." "If you don't mind me asking, when was it?" "I make use of my right to remain silent." A small smile forms on my lips. "We're not in court, monsieur (Y/N)." "But my rights remain the same, do they not?"

"You know the law well. Perhaps a bit too well for a simple tourist." "One must be prepared for a trip." "You also knew the way here even after you said things may have changed since you last came." "I guess they haven't changed as much as I thought." "This restaurant closed two hundred years ago." "Huh?" "It recently opened again by a descendant of the original owner." "I-" "You have ears and you're from Inazuma." "I-" "Are you perhaps a fox spirit?" "Neu-" "Although, You still look young, even for a fox spirit you must not be past a hundred. Meaning you had no way of kno-" I cut myself off as I notice him look down, from his right eyes tears slid down his cheek. He caught them with his hands, yet he looked so confused. From his left eye small pieces of what I believe to be ice fell.

I stand up on impulse and crouch down besides his chair. I move his bangs and he gives me a horrified look. I give him a reassuring smile and wipe some of the ice on his cheek. "You remind me of someone I met." "Huh?" He looks at me slightly frightened. "May I give you a hug?" He nods and I hug him. It felt nice, but I let go. "I once judged a man accused of murder... there really was no way to help him, I saw it with my own eyes. He decided to go to a duel instead of proceeding with the trial." "He asked for a hug..." "He asked for a hug, but I wasn't allowed to give it to him. I feel bad, I don't understand. It was my fault he died." "He died in the duel, it was not your fault." "It was! I called him out because he was at my window. Then the police noticed and chased him, he killed them. It was my fau-" He covers my mouth.

"It wasn't, sometimes humans do crazy things. Sometimes people love so hard that they will do crazy things. Sometimes they're in so much despair that they will do crazy things. That's just how humans function, sometimes emotions take over." Rain started pouring, tears started dripping from my eyes. He pulled me into a hug and I hid my face on his shoulder. Then he said a short phrase I hadn't heard in a long time. "Neuvillette, Neuvillette, don't cry." It was silent, so silent I could barely pick it up.

I sit on my office as my fiancé comes in. "Neuvillette, Neuvillette, don't cry!" He runs and hugs me.

I hold the cold body on my arms. "Hydro dragon, hydro dragon, don't cry."

Tears slide down my cheeks as droplets hit my window. I stare at the ring sitting on my desk. Then I hear a muffled "Neuvillette, Neuvillette, don't cry."

I smile and hug him tightly. I don't want to let go. I hold him so tight, feeling as if I were to let him go he'd vanish. He hums a tune as he plays with my hair. That tune.

I sit besides (Y/N) as we listen to different songs to play at our wedding. A tune plays and a smile forms on my lips. "I like that one, what do you think, my love?" "It's pretty."

I feel myself calm down, somehow he made me feel really safe. Not because he reminds me of my late fiancé, although he does, but because of the way he holds me so gently, the way I can hear his heart beat, the way he twirls my hair on his finger, the way he makes me feel a nice feeling I had now forgotten. He makes me feel so calm that the rain has ceased. I let go of him and he smiles gently. "May I walk you to where you're staying once we're done with dinner?" He nods and I move back to my seat.