Siblings

Neuvillette's POV
I walk into (Y/N)'s room and see him holding his head with tears in his eyes. "What can I do? What can I do? I haven't heard from him. I don't know what's going on. What if they're in danger, I'm no one. I'm no one..." His room is cold, the walls have a thin layer of ice formed on them. "(Y/N), are you alright?" I sit on his bed. "I haven't heard anything from the siblings. What if something bad really did happen? I can't do anything by to help. I'm useless, I'm useless. If only I hadn't died, if I were still a police I could go check on them. I'm so useless, I'm just an outsider here. I hate myself. I just hate myself." My eyes widen and I hug him. It physically hurt when he said those words, it makes me feel bad. I wish I could help him, but I can't use my influence for this. I lay down with him and hug him.

"Everything's going to be okay, my love." If only I didn't hold such high position I would be able to help him. I place his head on my chest and rub his back. "They're okay, my love. Everything's alright." He looks at me and then gasps. "The mutual aid network!" "Huh?" "I bet I could find a way to ask them!" I sigh. "You're not supposed to go in there." "But Neuviiiiiiiii, I'm worried." He whines and he honestly looks very cute. "What an unexpected sight." I look up and glare at the woman standing at the door.

"We meet again, Iudex." (Y/N) looks up and his eyes brighten but that turns into confusion. The Knave realizes this. "Oh, my apologies. The door was unlocked." "You are Arlecchino!" He jumps off the bed and puts his hand out, smiling. "You've heard about me." "Of course I have." She shakes his hand. "Lyney has told me some things. I'm so thankful that you took them in, those kids make my day. I'm happy I met them." She smiles. "Of course." "Oh, uhm, do you happen to have any updates on the siblings?" "No, not really." He sighs and his eyes turn dull. "They're strong, you shouldn't worry much."

"So... why are you here? Oh- we should speak in the living room." He walks to the living room and we follow. We sit down. "Lyney has mentioned you a few times. He mentioned you'd be worried and asked me to come meet you before he went to the fortress." "Oh, that's nice of him." They continue speaking, mostly about the siblings, and after a while she leaves. "Welp, I feel a bit better now." I smile. I wouldn't say I'm fond of the knave, but if she can calm my (Y/N), I'm willing to be in the same room as her. He smiles and pecks my cheek. "You know... people keep entering my house out of nowhere. Maybe I should start locking it." "You've only just thought of that?" He chuckles sheepishly and I peck his lips. "You're lovely." He smiles. "I'm glad you're feeling better now." He nods and kisses my cheek. "I'm sorry about that." "It's alright, sweetheart." Then I remember the frost on the walls and he seems to read my mind. "When I lose control of my emotions my vision activates and... well my surroundings freeze a bit."

We go back to his room and lay down. "I... I'm acquainted with the Duke of the fortress of Meropide, maybe I could ask him if he'd let you meet the siblings." "You don't have to do that, there's no need. I'm just overthinking things." I hug him. "I will be going soon, you can follow as a fox." I suddenly feel something on the tip of my ear. "(Y/N)." "I had to." I chuckle as he bites my ear carefully. "I ate your ear. You have no ear." I chuckle and he bites my bottom lip. "He has no lips! How will he get a kiss kiss? Very ugly no kiss for h-"

(Y/N)'s POV
I flush red when I feel his lips against mine. I return the kiss and it was a gentle and cute kiss. It really was, but I won't complain. I feel his tongue against mine and his hand holds the back of my head. After some time he pulls away. I cover my red face with my hand. "I- you- uhm..." He chuckles as I try to process what happened. "That felt- wow- wow." I say while still feeling the lingering feeling of his lips. He chuckles and hugs me. "I love you." "I love you, too, my cute little Neuvillette." A small smile forms on his lips.

Timeskip

I march down to the fortress of meropide. I see a big guy sipping on some tea. I see Freminet in an awful state and Lyney on the ground. I turn to the Melusine holding a little sort of tranquilizer gun. "You! You sedated him‽" I grit my teeth. "As if he was an animal... how dare you?" She seems to recognize me but I could care more. I run to Freminet and pull him to my lap. "It's okay. You're alive. Oh archons I was so worried... I should try to help you get better." I look up to Sigewinne. "Come here and help me with him." I pull Lyney to me and cradle him while Sigewinne takes care of Freminet. "Archons, I leave you alone for not even a month and you end up in this situation." He mumbles a sorry and I hug him. "I was so worried. You could've died! I... don't know what I'd do if any of you died." I look to the duke and glare at him. I reach up for his tea and take it.

"Gee, I actually ran for this." I shake my head and sip my tea. "I actually left Neuvillette alone for this. You can't worry me that much." I squeeze his cheek and pull it. I notice a look of disgust on his face as Sigewinne heals Freminet. I sigh and stand up, carefully setting Lyney on the floor. I tap her shoulder. "I'll take care of it." During my time here in Fontaine I decided to make a new attack in which there were small foxes skipping and if I chose to do so they could heal.

Sigewinne speaks with Lyney to inform her of Freminet's state. "He should be a bit better now, take him to the infirmary." I caress his cheek as they take him away. I glare at the duke. "What's your name?" "I'm Wriothesley." "Great, nice to meet you. Anyways. Now that the kids are gone- WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU?! YOU LET FREMINET GO INTO THE SEA WITH PRIMORDIAL WATER AND LOCKED HIM OUT! YOU ALLOWED LYNEY AND LYNETTE TO GET PUT TO SLEEP! HOW COULD YOU BE SO CARELESS?! YOU ENDANGERED EVERY SINGLE PERSON IN THIS FORTRESS, HOW CAN YOU BE SO NEGLIGENT‽" He looks at me in shock. "YOU ARE THE DUKE OF THE FORTRESS, STEP UP!" I sigh and gently place the cup on the desk. "I will be leaving now. Thank you for the tea." He clicks his tongue.

I reach the infirmary and run to Lynette. "You're good! Alive and kicking." I pat her head as she didn't really hit me as the type to enjoy hugs. I grin until I notice Sigewinne. I sigh. "(Y/N)- no, he died." "It's nice to see you again, Sigewinne. I... would've liked to meet you under different circumstances." "Are you really...." "Yeah..." "I'm sorry." "It's okay, don't worry. I was too harsh, I was worried." "Are these your kids?" I chuckle. "No, not really. I do care about them... a lot. So I didn't think twice when I saw their state and I... reacted badly." "It's alright! You... mentioned Neuvillette?" I blush. "Yeah." "Will you two get married?" "Uhmm... it's too early to know."

"Wear the engagement ring. Just as a sign you're in the red zone." I chuckle. "Where do you know those terms from?" He ignores my question. "I'll propose once we've been together for longer. Since we can't make our relationship public let's seal it like this." I smile and kiss his cheek. I grin playfully. "Did Furina tell you to do this?" His cheeks tint pink. "How did you know?" "You probably didn't even think someone would approach me either way and you didn't know what being in the 'red zone' meant." He chuckles. "You're right, she did tell me, but now that I know of that... I'd rather keep you safe." I giggle and put on the ring on my finger.

"Either way, he'll probably be pissed knowing I came here." She chuckles. "Shall I tell him to visit you someday?" "Sure!" The traveler leaves with Sigewinne while I stay here with the siblings. "I'm glad you guys are okay." They nod. "So..." "Hm?" "Are you in a relationship with the Chief Justice?" I blush and ignore their question. "I met your 'father' while you were gone." "(Y/N) we wanna knowwww." He whines and I chuckle. "I guess you could say that." "What do you mean?" "Well..." "Have you kissed?" I flush red. "You guys are too young to know about those sort of things! In my times you were only told that when you were older." "So... what are you?" "We're... I... don't know." "But have you kissed." "I have the right to remain silent, anything I say can and will be used against me." "I'll take that as a yes." Freminet and Lynette hand some coupons to Lyney. "How did you even-" "It was pretty obvious since the first time you met." I sigh. "Well if you're fine I should go back cause I'm definitely not supposed to be here." They nod and I hug them. "Please take care." "Will do."

Wriothesley's POV(I just thought this would be interesting to see)
I look down at the ice under my cup of tea along with Clorinde. I smirk and chuckle. My interest is piqued. "I guess it wouldn't be an issue to keep this a secret from the Iudex for now, hm." Clorinde gives a slight nod.