Chapter 20 || Avoid, Avert, Away

Comenzar desde el principio

"O-Oh sorry, I just thought-"

"That I'd be locked up in a room acting all miserable and weak?" She cuts him off, taking one step closer to him, Takemichi then stepped back in response, her aura felt intimidating and scary.

"That's enough, Y/n, he was only concerned." Draken sighs and placed his arm in between the two of them.

-

"She was scary earlier, wasn't she?" Chifuyu smiled, looking over to Takemichi.

"Huh?"

"Y/n-san, I mean."

"O-Oh, well, I guess you could say that..." The human punching bag sighs and stared down at the ground.

"It's normal for her to act like that, you on the other hand..." Chifuyu side eyes him. "You asked such a dumb question! Of course she wouldn't be okay!" The blonde eye-patched boy flicks Takemichi's forehead.

"Hey! That hurt!" Takemichi glared, but Chifuyu wasn't wrong, that was the dumbest question he ever asked.

"Deserved it." Chifuyu replied.

-

-y/n-

"That coward." Y/n huffs, kicking random stones that were on the beach. She buried her hands on the pockets of her hoodie as she stared at the setting sun.

"Y/n?" The familiar voice got the female turning around to face the person.

"What are you doing here?" She raised a brow, a bit taken aback by the sudden appearance.

"I was buying some snacks, what are you doing here?" Hyunso pointed to the convenience store nearby and showed Y/n the plastic bag he held.

"Oh, just... releasing some steam..." Y/n sighs.

"I heard about the news on your cousin, my condolences." The black haired male told, it was a bit awkward since they didn't really hang out much except when it's study-related.

"Thanks, I appreciate it." She smiled.

"If you don't mind me asking, you don't seem too affected." Hyunso found himself taking a seat down the roch bench.

Y/n only gave a small, light, smile. "Death eventually comes after us, there's no stopping it. And besides, I'm sure Keisuke would curse the hell out of me if I start acting all depressed and sad over his death." She took a seat beside him.

"Makes sense." Hyunso nodded, staring towards setting sun. "But still, I'm sure you're still affected, it's a loss of a loved one after all."

"You're not wrong there." Y/n chukled.

"Where's the blonde one, by the way?" The male looks over at her.

"It's a long story." She sighed deeply, Hyunso only stared at her for a moment.

"I assume he's somehow related to you being here to release steam?" He raised a brow to which Y/n nodded in reply.

"As expected for our school's smartest student." She smiled, a moment before she sighed. "After the incident, he never appeared infront of me again."

Y/n stared down at her shoes as she fiddled with her fingers. "That coward, I'm tempted to strangle him."

"Maybe it's because of the... incident." Hyunso suggested. "I think he's blaming himself."

"Ken-chin told me that."

"Oh? That one tall dude with the braid and some dragon tattoo?"

"Yup." The girl nods, turning to him. "I don't know what happened, but right now, I just really need to talk to Mikey."

"You two have always been close to each other, probably since way before we met, I'm sure you'll get to talk to him again." The male stood up, Y/n looks up at him as she stays seated.

Even though she didn't know the possibilities, what he told her cheered her up a bit. Y/n couldn't help but smile.

"Thanks." Hyunso had only nodded before bidding goodbye.