Chapter 17 || Reminiscence

Standing in front of the apartment door, she felt drained, it was already late but she still has something to stay to a friend.

After having the conversation with Mikey, Mikey brought Y/n back to her apartment building and left off after saying his goodbyes. Y/n had been wanting to lie down ever since.

The stress that Keisuke brought her totally exhausted her.

Bringing up her knuckles to the wooden door, Y/n finally took a few soft knocks and waited for someone to answer and open the door.

It didn't take long, as the door opened, there revealed Chifuyu in his favorite sweater.

"Huh? Y-Y/n-san?" The blonde male was taken aback, this was the first time Y/n had visited him in this time of night, especially with an exhausted look.

"Chifuyu..." Y/n avoided eye contact, looking down as she placed her right hand on her left elbow. "Can we talk?"

Chifuyu couldn't react, more like he didn't know how to react. But that was before he realized that this must be about Keisuke, he just knew it.

"O-Oh? U-Uhm... Sure..." The blonde opened the door further to let Y/n in. Y/n thanked him and walked her way inside the apartment.

She decided to sit on the couch as Chifuyu went to the kitchen to grab her something to drink.

"What did you wanna talk about, Y/n-san?" Chifuyu asked, walking into the living room with a glass of milk. He approached the chair that was placed at the left side of the couch and set the glass down on the coffee table.

He was nervous, he knew that. He actually didn't knew what possibilities could happen in this conversation with Y/n.

"Keisuke..." Y/n mumbled. "Is there something I should know, Chifuyu?" Y/n trusted Chifuyu since he was Keisuke's best friend for a very long time, there was zero doubt he'd turn his back on Toman and her.

"Y/n-san..." Chifuyu hesitated. He couldn't believe he was actually right, Y/n was here to talk about Baji and what happened over the past few days. He knew Baji haven't been coming home after what happened.

He didn't know if he should tell her or not. He had mad respect towards the girl, Y/n was someone who shouldn't be underestimated, and he speaks from experience.

Chifuyu didn't want to involve Y/n in this mess, yet he didn't want to lie straight at her face as well.

"Mikey told me he betrayed Toman and joined Valhalla..." Chifuyu's brows rose.

She already knows? Then why...?

Chifuyu didn't get why she still came to him, he thought she wanted to know what happened to Baji but turns out she already knew. So then, why did she come to him?

"Why did he do it?" The female asked, looking up to the blonde, her hands were placed on her upper knees, they were formed into tight fists. Her eyes were painted with anxiousness, worry, and concern.

"I..." Chifuyu sighed, closing his eyes. "I don't know as well, Y/n-san." He knew lying to her was wrong, but if she were to get involve in a situation like this, she could get in danger.

Chifuyu already had a hunch on why Baji left Toman. He strongly believes it's because Baji wants to act as a spy for Toman, he's not a traitor, he just wants to grab some information about Kisaki.

Tetta Kisaki, the person who filled in Pah's place in order to win against Valhalla. But Chifuyu knew something was up, even though Baji kept on denying it, he still believes in what he thinks.

He knew Baji, of course he did. That's why he'll also help, he'll take some research about Kisaki some more, but as he do that, he won't let anything happen to Y/n, he won't tell her anything for her sake. This is probably for the best.

"I'm sorry, Y/n-san, we don't know what's on his mind." Chifuyu breathed.

Don't worry, Y/n-san, me and Takemitchy will fix all of this and kick Kisaki out the bucket.

-

Sitting at the edge of the apartment's rooftop, Y/n sighed deeply as she stared into the night view. The stars were shining as it surrounded the breathtaking moon, there were no loud noises, it could've gave her peace but she didn't feel peaceful at all.

"Keisuke..." She mumbled.

"Keisuke, meet your cousin." The boy's Mother introduced right after she enters home with an girl unknown to him with his Mother. "Be nice to her now."

The girl didn't even look at him, she had been looking down on the floor. Though it didn't anger Keisuke, he knew it wasn't out of rudeness after noticing how her eyes looked.

They looked like a deep void that contained nothing. Empty.

That was his first impression of her.

"Nice to meet you." Keisuke held out his hand which caught his Mother taken aback. She thought Keisuke would go all out rude on her and maybe even glare at her, but this is different.

She couldn't help but smile, she felt like something was up. Not the fishy kind though.

"Then, I'll leave you both here." She told, taking her bag. "I'll be going to work, take care." She waved goodbye and went out the door, closing it and leaving Keisuke alone with Y/n.

Y/n didn't make a single sound, she remained still while Keisuke was dying from the awkwardness he felt in the atmosphere. His brow twitched.

"S-So... What's your name...?"

A moment of silence.

Keisuke clenched his fists, for the first time in his life, he wanted to just melt away.

"Y/n..."

He was taken aback by the sudden voice. It was a bit quiet and feint but he still managed to hear thanks to the silence of the apartment room.

"So you can talk." Keisuke chuckled, grinning a bit. Her response actually lessened the awkward atmosphere.

The girl rose her head, that was the moment their eyes met for the first time.

"I'm Keisuke, nice to meet'ya."

Y/n couldn't forget it, the very first time she felt something. Being stuck in her Father's apartment felt like she was only living just to die someday.

But that was after she met Keisuke, the very first guy to show her a whole new world from hers.

She's thankful for that bastard of a cousin of hers, if it wasn't for him, she wouldn't be around to experience this all, she wouldn't be around to meet Mikey.

She could still remember the times they've hung out, she never dared to forget every single moment. She didn't take all those times for granted, she was gratefully thankful.

"Keisuke... At least be careful."