013

Advance Merry Christmas! It's my second Christmas writing this, I'm so glad you're still here with me! I hope to be with you guys until I finish this book, so please bear with my slow updates hehe <3

Chapter is shorter than usual, probably as short as chapter one with only 5.1k words, but I hope you'll enjoy this one! Love you guys so much, have a nice day! 

Tell me your thoughts on this chapter, as always! See you when I see you!

013

Chapter 13

Gangnam, Seoul, South Korea

If we talk about Eugene, there's always the topic of how he was always calm and collected. His fake smile that he shows everyone never wavered. No one would've guessed that his composure would crumble when it comes to a woman. That woman is you.

His phone dropped from his hold, the screen shattered as it came into contact with the marble floor of his office. Cold sweat ran down on his face and his heart dropped to his stomach. Miraculously, the phone was still alive and the ongoing call was still up and the loudspeaker was on, "Sir? Sir! Are you still there?"

"Repeat what you said." His eyes were wide with fear—a feeling he never experienced before.

"Ms. (L/N) fell off a building and is currently in a comatose state!"

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN COMATOSE?!" He exploded. The last time he saw you, you were fine, healthy! And now you're suddenly unconscious? In a coma?

"It's just as I said, Sir. She's in a critical condition and requires immediate surgery. The surgery requires a guardian's consent so they might contact her parents abroad!"

"No, no..." Eugene's eyes were wide in panic. Why the hell did things turn out this way? "They can't contact her parents at all costs!" He knows the moment they heard about this, they'd drag you back to the States and would never be able to come back to Korea.

He strode toward the exit of his office. Looking back to your portrait before slamming the door closed. His steps were big as he strode down the halls. His two trusted men met him in the hallway and started following him, no questions asked. Seeing him distraught and out of focus meant one thing, something bad might've happened, and it has to be about you. The VVIP's face contorted in worry, what might've happened?