04

*y/n is misgendered in this chapter- if that is not something you think you can read skip to the author note where I have put a quick summary!*

momma

honey, we saw the news

Why don't you come home
for a visit?

Oh, sure

I would love that actually:)

I had 3 days off, so It worked perfectly. I flew home on Friday and would be back at the dorms late on Sunday. I haven't seen my parents in a while, I missed them.

"Mom." I smiled when she opened the door, being pulled into a tight hug before I could even look at her properly.

"Y/n, you're here." My father too pulled me into a hug as he stepped forward from behind my mother. They seemed happy to see me. Watching me on a screen isn't the same as seeing me in person.

"Honey, take a seat. You're father and I have a few questions." My mother gestured to the couch, both of them taking a seat on either side of me. "It's been so long."

I held my mothers hand tightly in my own, feeling an overwhelming pressure of emotion from being with them again. It really has been a long time, I don't think I've spoken to them properly since my debut no matter how crazy that may seem. 3 years is a long time and things weren't left very well between us.

We have spoken. But only over the phone or text messages. Things have been going good so I was excited when they offered me to come visit.

"Mom, Dad... I'm sorry for being so distant these past years. I'm hoping to be able to visit more often." I sniffle, guilt eating up when I see them with their own glossy eyes.

"Y/n... honey is it true. We saw the article about your supposed relationship with one of your members." My mother's voice was fragile as she spoke.

I nodded, a small smile on my lips as I think of how far things have come. "Yeah, umm. Kun and I have been together for a couple months now. He really does make me happy."

There's a pause in the conversation, a moment of silence as my parents process what I said.

"Y/n it hasn't been long since you threw all the transgender stuff on us. Now you're telling me you are dating a man?" My father had his eyebrows furrowed as he spoke. "What was the point in going through all those surgeries if you were just going to date a man?"

I felt nauseous at his words. All of the progress I've made with them being thrown down the drain.

"Dad.. it's been 9 years since I came out..." I started, standing from my spot on the couch to create some distance between us. "I'm a guy. I always have been and now I'm in a relationship with a guy and that changes nothing about my own gender."

"Y/n don't be so difficult, your father and I only want what's best for you." My mother sighed loudly, holding her hand out to grab at my arm.

I shake her off quickly. "Kun is what's best for me."

"Maybe short term. But in the long term being gay will only cause problems. I think the best choice is for you to go back to being friends, if not I'm afraid your father and I don't want to be apart of your life. I can't watch my little girl ruin her life."

Little girl. It hurts to hear her say that again, I fought to be respected by them so hard and now it's gone.

"Umm..." I was frozen, unsure of how to even respond to her.

"Honey... at least think about it. We don't want to let you go, we really don't." I didn't know if I could believe her. The way she looked at me sadly as if what I had done was life threatening. I just got a boyfriend, a boyfriend that makes me really happy.

"I'll think about it." I mumble softly.

"We truly just want what's best for you. You have to understand that." My father joined in, now seated at the edge of the couch.

"I said I'll fucking think about it. Now can we please eat some dinner, I'm hungry."

✖️✖️✖️

For those who chose to skip the chapter, basically y/n's parents are transphobic and homophobic, and think that since y/n is dating a guy then it was pointless for him to transition. They ask him to basically pick between them or Kun and Y/n responds by saying he will think about it.