And to top of it all off, death occurs so easily and quickly, it's hard to even mourn for the deceased before returning to the daily activities of said Jujutsu Sorcerer. In a world with so many cursed spirits lurking around at any corner or alleyway, death was completely accepted in Jujutsu Society as a daily occurance– as simple as a minor inconvenience. Whether it'd be a non-sorcerer or a sorcerer, one death wasn't discriminated over the other. Death wasn't frowned upon as much as it should've been.

Unnatural death was normal in a sorcerer's life.

Yuji Itadori knew this when he signed up. He knew it and still took up the chance to become a sorcerer and save people. He was killed because of it. His death would be looked over like the rest of them.

...

"I see. How'd that idiot die?"

There just wasn't any time to mourn his death. Soon enough, she would be healed by Mrs. Iieri's reverse cursed technique and she would once again be on the frontlines of some mission that would probably put her in this situation again. Sure it hurt just a little bit, but besides the fact that there wasn't any time to mourn or feel bad, she barely knew the guy. Had it been someone she loved... well, she probably wouldn't be able to keep this uncaring facade up for any longer.

"Sukuna surprisingly, not the special grade. But I could see it from the start, Itadori was basically a ticking time bomb. He switched souls, Sukuna killed the cursed spirit, then fought me after ripping Itadori's heart out. I would have died... but–"

"He changed back. He sacrificed himself so that you could live. Guy was too kind for his own good."

Fushiguro sighed, running his hand through his spiky raven hair and flattening his mouth. He's killed countless cursed spirits, and has had countless people die on him. Yet this hurt more than all of those combined. However, this business was as unforgiving as it could get. Death lived on all of their front doorsteps. Any slip up... any mistake, no matter how insignificant, would result in death.

Kugisaki scoffed, flipping her short, light brown hair behind her neck and leaning on the bed headboard with her arms crossed under her bust. Her vibrant brown eyes glowed as the light from the bulb reflected off of her irises, outlining a thin sheen of liquid on them. Megumi's eyes softened as he saw the latter clench her jaw tightly, turning away and staring out of the window.

"Kugisaki..."

"That damn idiot."

-

-

-

The same day...

12:00 PM

The weekday was fair in temperature, the white clouds gliding across the sky like boats gliding across crystal blue waters. Life went on as normal in Jujutsu High, albeit a lot more quiet and empty without their resident idiot there making things interesting. The two first years in Megumi and Nobara were let out into the courtyard for lunch, as the two sat on the concrete steps and reminisced on better days when their friend was alive.

Kugisaki placed her cheek into her hand, staring at the beautiful scenery that was Jujutsu High's garden. "Did he have any last words?"