O N E

Y/N Martinez, a 19 year old girl living alone in a small one-story house. One night, she was in her kitchen at night before she heard one of her windows break. Before she knew it, she had a whole twisted love story started.
      —————————————————
                                  Y/N

It was night, and I was washing the dishes at home. I moved in half a year ago in my cozy one-story house, and my neighborhood was pretty safe and never really had any problems or crimes happening.

It was such a trusting neighborhood that I could leave the door unlocked while being gone for an entire week, but I never tested my luck and tried it out myself. I have some trust issues, especially when it comes to my neighbors or other people I don't know.

As I was minding my own business, I heard a window break. I thought that it may have been the TV show I had on in the living room while I was washing the dishes in the kitchen, but then I started hearing footsteps that did sound a bit too real and not from the TV show.

I turned off the sink, leaving the dishes half done before wiping my hands on the kitchen towel. My first instinct was to grab a kitchen knife to bring with me while searching my house.

I grabbed the knife before I walked out of the kitchen and into the living room. I turned off the TV before heading into the dinner room where the sound came from.

I saw shattered glass on the wooden floor, and my eyes widened. "Shit.." I mumbled quietly to myself, then I heard a voice behind me.

"Shit indeed." It was a male voice, and I was started. I immediately turn around to find a guy standing there with baggy jeans, a kind of tighter shirt but still a bit baggy, a gun in his hand, black braids, q black bandana, and a black lip piercing on his left lower lip.

I let out a squeak as I saw the intruder right in front of me, and my grip on the kitchen knife tightened even more than before.

"Wha- What the fuck are you doing here?!" I asked the intuder, and I don't know why. I couldn't keep my mouth closed, so I instead said something.

"Oh, you didn't know? I'm here to inspect your small and.. Lovely house." The intruder said with a smirk, his voice dripping with sarcasm.

"Come on, with a gun? You couldn't do any better?" I asked him with a scoff as I crossed my arms under my breasts.

"What did you expect? For me to come here with an entire bazooka?" The intuder rolled his eyes, clearly not expecting me to be so stubborn— if that's something you can call me.

"No, but at least something that isn't a gun." I admitted as I stared at the intruder with a sneer.

The tension between him and I was something neither one of us could miss, and if someone else was here, they wouldn't miss it either.

"So you did expect me to come here with a bazooka." He said, and it wasn't said as a question.

"No, I didn't. I never said I thought you'd come here with a goddamn bazooka, did I?!" I asked him, and he chuckled darkly.

"No, you didn't, but hey.. Don't worry, I'm just messing with you." He said with a mischievous smirk. "Aren't you scared, even a little bit?" The intuder asked, and he was surprised I wasn't freaking out.

"No, well— maybe a little.. But not much, I'm mostly surprised." I admitted truthfully.

He slowly nodded as he seemed thoughtful. This made it clear that he had never been caught before, and he didn't know how to react or know how he should react.

Then, all of a sudden, he holds the gun up towards me.

"Do as I say, or I'll blow your brains out." He threatened, a low growl escaping deep in his throat.

I just stood there as I rolled my eyes at his pathetic move, and I knew I was in danger, but I chose not to believe it.