Blue Christmas

 Blue Christmas

SAVE SOME FOR the cookie. Josie tease's her small nephew's. The two boy's laugh at their aunt as they licked the frosting off their spoon's.  Her brother had surprised her them, saying he was changing up Christmas this year. 

"Guy's use napkin's." Diego say's, he pull's out paper towel's handing them to them. Josie smiled softly. "Oh come on, the mess is the best part." Josie defend's. 

"Remind me again who is the parent?" He ask's her, she shake's her head. "Okay you got me there." Josie say's in defeat. 

Josie messes with her black shirt, she paired it with a red plaid shirt. Every once in awhile, she would take a moment to smell her shirt, it still smelt of sandalwood still. She had been falling asleep wearing the shirt, it for some reason was calming, the smell was sweet, earthly sweet. 

"Tia." Dylan speak's up, she looked to him. She could see her brother in their feature's. Dylan's hair was curlier,  a family trait that tried to hide desperately with her constant flat ironing. 

""Are you taking us to see Santa?" Dylan wonder's. She chuckled at him. "I dont know, that's up to your Dad." She say's. Diego laughed softly with a smile. 

"I dont mind if you dont." He tells' her, he look's to his son's. They grinned in excitement.  "Actually fun fact, I saved a Santa Claus from a heart attack once." Josie say's. 

The two boy's eye's widen in excitment. "You saved Santa!" They say in unison. She chuckled nodding her head. 

"We!" Alex add's from the couch, Josie point's to the blonde. "We saved Santa." Josie correct's herself. 

"That's so cool." Leo comment's. She smirk's. "What about the earthqauke?" He ask's her. 

"How do you know about that?" Josie wonder's. He eyed his dad. "Dad said you saved people that day." Leo tell's her. Guess in their mind's she was the big hero aunt who save's thousand's of people each day. 

She wish that was true. She wish she had power's like the hero's in the comic's, She wish she had the strength of superman, or the intelligence of Iron Man. She dosent though, no one does'. To anyone else she was simply a woman with a first aid kit, to these kid's they think she is amazing. 

"Yeah I guess I did ." She say's with a smile. Diego eyed his other son. Dylan stutter's for a moment before looking at his aunt. "Um Tia." Dylan speak's up. 

"Yes amor." She say's, his cheek's grow warm as he grow's the confidence for the question. 

"Are you doing Christmas with us this year?" He ask's her. She stutter's for a moment for an answer. "We will see." She say's to him, she thumbed the cookie cutter. 

"Dad said you might come this time." Leo tell's her. Her lips part at a loss of word's. "Well Uh im kind of busy." she stutters. 

"But its Christmas." Dylan complain's, she look's up to her nephew, his eye's drifting to his father She raised a brow.