Love in The Key of 9-1-1

YOU DID WHAT?! Alex exclaimed hitting the steering wheel. Josie cringed at her reaction, she leaned her head on the window. The blonde scoff's as she looked between her friend and the road. 

"I know i'm sorry I was drunk, and I was feeling all emotional.' Josie explained to her. Levi sat back against his chair listening to the two of them bicker between each other. 

"When im emotional I buy too much on Amazon, I dont call my ex from a Karaoke bathroom." Alex state's, Josie groaned at her phrasing. "I know I fucked up." She exclaimed. 

"Did he call back?" Alex ask's her, she shake's her head. "No..uh he hasn't." Josie state's. 

"I look on his Instagram, he is seeing this girl, she is our age but she is all preppy like soreiety girl turned teacher." Josie explain's to the blonde, she shake's her head. 

"Why do you do that to yourself, you know that it's just damaging." Alex tell's her, she sighed againsint the window. She was right, it was a punishment. Showing herself what she had missed, what she could have had if she didn't let her grief get in the way. 

"I know, I know it's just.. Im getting tired of the whole single thing." Josie admits truthfully. In this life she chose, she had chosen the path of someone destined for loneliness. Who could ever love someone like her, she is a mess. 

"And it's my own fault I push everyone away." Josie mumble's, Levi leaned over placing his hand on her seat. 

"Hey, It's gonna get better." He reasure's her, in the two month's he has known, he had seen that she has the tendency to get in her own head. Moment's where she would go quiet, while the world still went on. 

"Thank's Rookie." She say's. 

"You know one of these day's Im not gonna be that anymore." He remind's her, she chuckles lightly. 

"Yeah but your still rookie to us." Josie tell's to him, she pat's his hand as he leaned into his eat. They pull into the gas and sip parking lot, parking right behind the firetruck. 

Josie tightens her ponytail as she get's out from the passenger seat. She wasn't sure why they were called to assist with this call. She hated that she had to go into work today, most day's she didn't mind it but today just seemed harder for some reason. 

"Robbery gone wrong." Alex state's as she pull's out the gurney from the back with the help of Levi, "You get these often?" He ask's the two of them.

"Sometime's, usally end's with someone getting shot and rushed to the ER." Josie explain's, he nod's his head as he helped the blonde. The two of them wheel away. The dark haired girl felt her heart drop as she saw the back of a familiar firefighter's head. 

"Fuck." She mouth's, just seeing his face made her wash over in embarrassment. It would be very different if she didn't know Buck, much less despised the person that he was making out with. As a friend she was disagreeing with his choice.