Chapter 23 Lose yourself

Start from the beginning

A fire started to burn and once it burns, it is only going to be able to be extinguished by the person who enflamed it in the first place. Nagi felt it. His heart beat quicker as he saw the last goal scored by his opponent. They had a 5-3 lead now. All because of him. Because he wasn't able to score more goals. Because of him the only ace from team V. He ran for the ball inside the net and sprinted for the circle to restart. There was no way he was going to let it end like this. There was no way, he was going to let the efforts of his several team mates go in vain like this. 
"Quick, Reo.", he shouted shocking everyone on his team. "There is still time! We can still turn the tables!!" 
Only then did the purple haired stop staring at the clock that has run up to 87 minutes. He quickly got to his position and passed the ball to Nagi. This time however, the white haired didn't return it. He kept it. Raichi went immediately for Reo. Igaguri stepped up to stop him. Nagi just moved his leg to the left. These minimal movements were his weapons. His strengths. The ability to make anyone fall for his fakes. Poor Igaguri imidiately went for his right side to stop the player in front of him unknown to the real intention of his opponent. Nagi immediately drove to his right hand side and got past the first annoying defender. His real deal was waiting for him. 

'Fucking shit... that guy really took my words to heart. What was the one thing Nii-San always told me again?', Yoichi thought, as he saw Nagi getting closer to the goal every second. 'Oh yeah. Always give the advice after the game. FUCK!!!' 
Nagi was now in front of him. This was not good. Even for him. Yoichi looked at his opponent. The fear washed away right after the fierce battle for room started. Nagi, just wanting to score and Yoichi not going to give in one inch. Just in that moment however, Yoichii managed to tap the ball and out of the fierce grasp of team V's number 11. Igaguri quickly picked it up and shot it forward to Kunigami who literally went through Reo just to shoot it from 29 meters into the net. 6-3. 
Nagi quickly ran back to fetch the ball, but it was already too late. The whistle for the final minute has tweeted. 
"EYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY", everyone of team Z shouted celebrated their victory. a lead by 3 goals. Three goals, which were all scored through incredible ways. The announcement of the system, "Game over, team Z wins with a 6-3 victory." was far away from the heads of the fellow team members. The only thought that took over their mind was celebration and victory. Nothing less and nothing more. Only one guy stood at the gate with a very bitter look on his face, which quickly turned into a toxic grin over the purple haired who walked out of the arena. 
"Why the long face.", Kuon asked Reo as he was getting to the locker room. He had his arms crossed and his back leaned onto the wall. 
"Cause we lost, ya dickhead.", Reo retorted. Annoyance clearly written over his face. Soon Nagi and Zantetsu followed him. 
"Oh yeah? I remember someone telling me, he didn't need my help.", the toxic player of team Z said. "That someone said, he wanted to win fair and square, or some bullshit like that and yet, he has fallen so low, that his pride is no where to be seen." 
"Someone, who hasn't even played should not open his mouth and mock the efforts of worthy opponents.", a new voice butted in. A voice that could only belong to the one and only Yoichi Kageyama. He walked past his former team mate without acknowledging him. Then just as he came to Reo, he stretched out his right hand, "Good game mate. That was one very nasty cross out there." 
Reo just looked at the hand. It wasn't meant in a disrespectful way. Quite the opposite. A respectful good bye to the opponent and for that reason, the purple haired took it. 
"All games of the fifth stratum have concluded!! We will now present the results of the first selection.", the announcement came from the speakers. Everyone raised their heads to pay attention to it as it continued, "The final rsults for the five-team-round-robin are as follows..."
Yoichi looked back at the huge monitor from the entrance of the gate he was standing at. Team Z was on top, because they've no losses, while team V is in second. Team W was third while team Y and team X finished fourth and fifth. 
"In first, team Z with eleven players and in second its team V with its eleven!!", the speaker spoke again. "Lastly the three top scoring players that will be pulled from each of the losing teams, Junichi Wanima, Ikki Niko and Shohei Baro. With this, 25 players from blue lock fifth stratum made it through the first selection."

Minutes later, as everyone has showered, the celebration, that couldn't be ended on the pitch resonated in the sleeping room as the team Z members gathered around a fiest for their survival. Yoichi was already zoning out. He was excited for the second selection of blue lock. Another thing he knew already was the fact that he isn't going to get any sleep tonight because of that. 'At least it's not going to be because of Raichi and Kuon fighting, since they've kinda made up... which I still find very... very... surprisinig...', Yoichi thought remembering those hate posts from OKC-fans when Kevin Durant decided to join the warriors, which is still haunting him up until today. But that has nothing to do with him, so he stood up to get himself something to drink in the cafeteria. 
"Ey, Kageyama, mind if I joined you?", Bachira asked him as he made his way out. 
"Sure, why not?", Yoichi answered and together, they entered the dining hall. A calm and comfortable silence filled the room. The only hearable sound was the water getting into the bottles of the two teenagers who then found a table in the huge dark room to sit down. Suddenly crying sounds ruined the great mood. Yoichi looked at the gate to the hall and saw the players that didn't make it through. 
"Oh my...", he said inside his mind and looked at the long cew. 
"Congratulations on team Z's victory.", someone said and ripped the raven haired out of his train of thoughts. Yoichi turned around just to meet the eyes, no hair of Niko, "Niko."
"It's been a while, Kageyama.", he continued. "I survived too, as team Y's top scorer."
"Congrats. I saw that.", Yoichi replied truthfully. 
"I came by because I have something to say to you, Kageyama.", Niko said while he walked into Yoichi's direction.