Chapter 16: New Allies

The demon that seemed to be made from fire dug his sword into the ground, launching multiple dirt projectiles that were glowing from the heat of the sword. Shoto brought his left sword in front, ready to defend the one behind him. "Flame Breathing, Fourth form:"

 "Flame Breathing, Fourth form:"

"Blooming Flame Undulation"

He was able to stop the makeshift weapons from hitting, but when the flames cleared up, he saw the demon charge toward him. The sword in his hands rose above his head, ready to crash down on the boy with red and white hair. Shoto decided to meet it head-on with his Ice Breathing, ready to counter it with the sword in his right hand. "Ice Breathing, Fourth form:"

"Diamond Storm"

A/N: Because Wattpad doesn't let me use any gifs more than 3 MB, I'll just give you the link to the gif itself since it is literally what the move looked like at that moment. (╬▔皿▔)╯
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/15/08/e0/1508e0ab4a03a989c61920686bc548dd.gif

Although he only got three of the four needed hits in, it stopped the attack and seemed to put the two of them at a stalemate.

"What was that?" The demon questioned in his mind. "I thought he using fire, but I swear I saw bits of ice coming from his blade. No matter, all I need to do is overwhelm him with my superior strength since his sword is stuck here."

"Flame Breathing, Eighth form:"

It happened so suddenly for the demon, as it looked like a stalemate to him, but he was completely wrong. Shoto still had one sword in his other hand, which seemed to glow bright orange-yellow as it came close to his arms.

"Jet Kindling"

When the sword passed through both arms, it exploded due to the effects of the attack. The sword disintegrated along with the severed arms, which was probably an extension of his flesh. Because his arms exploded, the only thing left of his arms were his broad shoulders. When he looked back over to refocus on his target, he suddenly saw the teen right in front of him with his right sword coming at his neck.

"Ice Breathing, Fifth form:"

"Mighty Hailstorm"

Right after the sword passed through its neck, both the stump and head burst into ice, destroying the head and making the body disintegrate quickly. When Shoto saw the body completely disappear, he took a moment to gather his thoughts about the fight. "That was... much easier than I thought," he realized.

"Um... excuse me?" The examinee said.

Shoto was caught by surprise, he didn't expect the examinee to stay behind rather than run off, much less talk to him right after. He turned around to see the unique white hair with stripes of Capri blue that was tied up into a high ponytail by a blue snowflake. The locks were wavy within the ponytail, yet the solid white bangs were flowing straight in front of their forehead. The arctic-blue eyes stuck out from their light skin, which matched the kimono they wore and the white sheath strapped to their waist for her sword.