Chapter 9

Leaving Flukey and Volt to their fight, Maia retreated outside to find her soldiers and her people okay and the rest of Volt's men either captured or killed, but most of them were killed.

Everyone was glad that Maia was alright and prepared themselves in case of another attack from the Black Dogs while Flukey and Volt fought. 

Maia: (Volt and that other guy have been going at it for a while now. As much as I wish things could be different, I know that Volt's not the man that I fell in love with and must be put down. By any means necessary)

With Flukey and Volt....

With Flukey and Volt, they were still fighting and both combatants were neck-and-neck and couldn't get an advantage over each other. 

Volt: *Huffs*.....*Huffs*....I must say boy, you're a lot more skilled than I thought. Not many, if not anyone, can keep up with me. Not even some of my most skilled men. 

Flukey had to admit that Volt had a point. 

Ever since he put on the bracelet, it's like he's been granted not only magical powers but also knowledge of effectively using different weapons whether it be close-quarters or long-range. 

Despite this, Flukey didn't let it bother since he considered it a huge help in the war against the Black Dogs. 

But even then, he still couldn't best Volt.

Just goes to show that he wasn't no slouch and it was understandable how the Seven Shield Alliance had so much trouble with him. 

Flukey: *Huff*....*Huff*....*Huff*....Thanks I guess. But make no mistake, I am gonna put an end to your and your Black Dogs. 

Even though Flukey's tone was deadly serious, Volt wasn't fazed in the slightest and just laughed. 

Volt: Hah hah hah hah hah hah! I like your spirit boy! Which is gonna be much more fun for me when I break it. 

Just then, a portal formed behind Volt. 

Volt: We'll end this on a draw. Keeping you alive might make this war more interesting. 

Before Volt could completely get through the portal, Flukey pulled out a throwing knife and threw it at Volt which ended up hitting him in the chest as he grunted and fell through the portal and it closed. 

Flukey: If I'm lucky that killed him....

With nothing else to do, he left the building and upon seeing him, Maia rushed to him. 

Maia: Hey you're alive. You're hurt are you? Does this mean that Volt's.....

Flukey sighed and shook his head. 

Flukey: No. He went through a portal but I threw one of his knives at his chest. With luck, that'll put him down for the count. 

Maia: I doubt that but here's hoping. What's your name by the way? I never got to ask that.

Flukey: It's Flukey. 

Maia: Well Flukey, thanks to you my kingdom survived the invasion. You have my and my men and people's thanks. 

Flukey: It's no problem at all Maia. 

Maia was surprised at this since he never told her his name and Flukey immediately explained himself.

Flukey: Your comrade Alicia from her kingdom let me know about the situation. Her kingdom was attacked too but I helped her push back the Black Dogs. And if you and her were attacked, there's no doubt that the other kingdoms are being attacked too. I still got some time before the sun sets and better hurry. 

Maia: As much as I want to go with you, my people need me here. 

Flukey: That's fine. Your people need your help to tend to the wounded and rebuild as much as you can. And in case Volt tries to attack again I'll set up a barrier around the whole kingdom. 

Maia: Thanks. That'd be a big help. 

Flukey used his magic to conjure up the barrier and then set off to get to the next kingdom and taking notice of how Volt passed through a portal, Flukey applied that too and ended up conjuring a portal leading to the next kingdom....Kaguya's Kingdom.