𝐬𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

Start from the beginning

as ria, oakley and samira conversed, dave pulled amara's hand, pulling her away from everyone else, so he could talk to her in private. he was completely and utterly taken aback by her beauty, wishing he could start the conversation he wanted to start, but all he could do was stare at amara.

"you said you wanted to talk, but all you're doing is staring at me." amara giggled, playing with her rings and unable to maintain eye contact with him.

"oh right. forgot about that. since cench, samira and ria are busy, i wanted to take opportunity to talk about...us." dave admitted.

"well....what about us do you want to talk about?" she asked, smiling up at him.

"i know you said you wanted to take it slow...but i just want to know what we are? like do you wanna go out with me or...?" dave stammered, avoiding amara's gaze.

"is this your way of asking me out?" amara giggled.

"no! i mean yeah. well i was gonna do it but if you're going to make fun of me..." he trailed off teasingly, causing amara to grab his hand.

"i'm sorry. you can continue."

"do you, amara safa-sinclair, want to go on a date with me?" he asked sincerely, grinning at her as he pulled her closer to him.

"yes, david omergie. i do want to go on a date with you." amara replied. a matching grin on her face as she wrapped her arms around his neck, pulling him in for a short kiss.

amara felt as if everything around her disappeared, a feeling she often had around dave. even when she pulled apart, she didn't feel the usual anxiety around a crush, instead she felt serene and content. a soft smile on her lips, she held dave's hand, as she pulled him towards her friends, unaware she was entering a war zone.

"oakley, i don't like you because i know what you're like. you'll ask me out, treat me well. then you'll start staying out late, flirt with other girls, sleep with them. i don't want that! so no i don't want 'chill' with you." samira whisper- yelled at the man in front of her.

"mira!! he's not even like that! i dated him and he didn't do anything like that. i wanted you guys to go out because you'll look good together. you're so well suited! trust me, i wouldn't set you up with him if i didn't think you weren't well suited." ria exclaimed, rushing to oakley's defence.

"samira, you don't know me! you think you know me but you just have some rando's opinions of me. trust me i'll show you that i'm a good guy. you just have to trust it."
oakley defended, smirking at samira slightly.

"what did we just walk into?" amara whispered.

"i'll be so real, i don't even know." dave whispered back, hoping that the argument would end soon.

it didn't.

in fact, it lasted another 10 minutes

in this time, dave and amara had made plans as to what their date would entail and when it would be. so as their friends argued, they held each other close, smiling.