Chapter One Jailbreak

Start from the beginning

"Um, we should start heading to the show. It's starting soon." I say.

*At The Show*

I was sitting next to Zach, and Gray was sitting in the other side of Zach. I glanced over at his phone and saw that he was looking at a picture of a pretty blonde girl- probably his girlfriend. He saw me looking, and I quickly looked away.

"Let's see if he's still hungry." The lady said. A crane moved a great white shark over the water. We waited a few seconds before the Mosasaurs jumped out of the water and pulled the shark into it's mouth.

A massive way of water fell over us. I was soaking wet, and it was very cold.

For once, Zach actually put his phone down and smiled. About time he had some fun! "Now, let's get a closer view. Hold on tight!" The lady said before the seats started moving downward slowly.

Gray tapped on my shoulder and make little kissy faces and pointed at Zach. I playfully rolled my eyes and watched the Mosasaurs. It tore apart the shark as kids 'Oohed' and 'Ahed'.

OWEN'S POV (Meanwhile)

"What's up?" I said to Claire. "I need you to take a look at the Inodminus Rex. We need to make sure that it's safe to open up to the public." Claire says.

I nod and walk towards the glass. "What's this?" I ask and point to 2 large cracks in the glass. Claire gulps before she begins speaking. "This is why we need you to take a look. It's not a regular hybrid. It's designed. I don't know what they used to cook it up in the lab, it's classified. All I know is that it's smart. Really smart. It tried to break the glass." Claire says.

Designed? What the hell are they trying to do?

"Alright, I'll take a look." I say and walk to the other side of the room. "Where is it?" I ask. Claire and I try looking for it- but it's nowhere to be seen.

"Oh my god." Claire says. "Do you think it tried to escape?" She asks.

"Check the thermal radiation scanners." I tell the man sitting at a control desk. He nods and checks the scanners. "It's not there." He says.

"Holy shit.." I mumble. "That's impossible! It was just here! I was here with it less than an hour ago!" Claire says.

I look at the stone wall through the glass and let me tell you- I'm not happy with what I see. "We're those claw marks always there?" I ask.

"Call Lowery!" Claire says. The man at the control desk dials a phone number then hands the phone to Claire.

"Owen, go in with Simon and check out the claw marks." Claire commands. "You know, there was a reason there was never a second date. You're a control freak." I smirk before I get Simon.

The man at the control desk and a guard come with me. The gate opens and we enter the cage. I lead them to where the claw marks are and we examine them.

CLAIRE'S POV (Meanwhile)

I wait for Lowery to answer the phone, and when he does- I start yelling.

"Lowery! Check the tracking device implanted in the Indominus Rex!" I say.

"Hold on- It's in the cage." He says.

"What? That's impossible- it's nowhere to be seen!"

"Claire- did you put people in there?"

"Maybe.."

"Is in there for sure! Get them out!" He says before hanging up. Probably to call Owen. I start lightly tapping on the glass, but they can't hear me. I can't knock any louder, if I do, the Indominus Rex might hear me and go after them.

OWEN'S POV (Meanwhile)

I feel my phone buzzing in my pocket, and I see that it's a call from Vivian. "Hello?" I say.
"It- get- there-" The connection isn't very stronger, so I can barely hear her. I plug my other ear as an attempt to hear her more clearly.

"It's in there with you!" She says before she hangs up. I put the phone back in my pocket and hear a low growl coming from the bushes. I look to my right and see a large orange eye staring at us. "Run." I say before I start sprinting to the gate. I see the gate opening and almost all of us make it through. I see Simon get pulled into a building- he's safe.

I glance behind me and see the guard picked up by his feet and tossed into the Indominus Rex's mouth. The man at the control room and I hide. He ducks in front of a truck and I slide underneath a Jeep.

I take out my pocket knife and cut open a tube. Gasoline spills out and I rub it over my body to get rid of my scent.

I see the Indominus Rex peering over the truck before it chomps down on the man. I hold my breath as it moves closer to me. I hear it growling and see it examining the Jeep. It doesn't seem to pick up my scent and it stomps away. I let out my breath and slide out from under the truck.

The deadliest thing in this park was just let loose into the public. It's free.