Chapter One Jailbreak

Start from the beginning

I grab my bag and make sure that I look presentable before I meet new people. I'm wearing kaki shorts with my combat boots and a black shirt. I put my hair up in a pony tail and get into my Jeep. I drive to the front of the park and make a sign with a sharpie and a piece of cardboard that says:

ZACH AND GRAY MITCHELL- AUNT CLAIRE

After I make the sign I stand at the ferry docks and wait for them. I see two boys look my way. I thought that they were going to be 7 or 8 years old. The smaller boy- who looked about 11 or 12- smiled and ran towards me.

"Where's Aunt Claire?" He asks. "I'm sorry, but your Aunt Claire couldn't make it. She has something very important to do. You must be Gray, I'm Ema. I'll be your tour guide." I smile and hold my hand out. He shakes it and smiles back.

The other boy looks about 16- my age. He has straight brown hair that flows nicely in the wind. He was looking down, so I couldn't see his face. I was just hoping that he was cute. No, stop it Ema. You're here to be their tour guide, you're not here to flirt.

"I'm Ema. I'll be your tour guide." I say and hold my hand out. He doesn't shake my hand. He looks up and sure enough- Wow... He's cute. Really cute. Super cute. "Whatever, can we do something fun yet?" He asks.

He may be cute, but that attitude of his isn't getting him anywhere. I cross my arms and decided to say just that. "Alright, mister. You may be cute, but that attitude of yours isn't getting you anywhere. So, I suggest you cut the crap and come see the Mosasaurs show with us." I say. Sassy, wow.

Zach gets off of his phone and looks up at me. Gray looks at me a smiles before he mouths something, 'He likes you'.

I blush and look down. "Sorry, let's just go to the Mosasaurs show." I say and tell them to follow me.

ZACH'S POV

Gray spotted a sign with our names on it and pointed to it. He ran up to a girl and they started speaking. I noticed Gray point at me, then the girl looked at me and her eyes went wide.

Creepy..? She then looked down quickly and glanced back up and smiled. Wow- she was really pretty. I didn't want to make it seem like I had a crush on her or anything- So, I just played it cool. Plus, I have a girlfriend.

"I'm Ema, I'll be your tour guide." She says and holds her hand out. "Whatever, can we do something fun yet?" I say. I have to admit, I sounded a bit rude. Ema seemed to notice too.

She put her hands on her hips and began speaking. "Alright, mister. You may be cute, but that attitude of yours isn't getting you anywhere. So, I suggest you cut the crap and come see the Mosasaurs show with us." She says in a sassy tone. Wait- did she just call me cute? I put my phone in my pocket and lightly smile.

In the corner of my eye I see Gray mouth something to Ema. He mouthed, 'He likes you'. I glanced down at my shoes he pretended not to see anything.

"Sorry, let's just go to the Mosasaurs show now." She says.

EMA'S POV

As we were walking we ran into Claire. Gray ran up to her and hugged her. "Hi, you must be Gray. It's so nice to see you." Claire said. "Zach! It's been so long. Last time I saw you was 3- No, wait- 4 years ago?" Claire said. "It was 7. 7 years ago." Zach sighed. He may be a bit rude, but I did feel bad for him. I knew how it felt to miss someone, or not see them. My parents had died when I was 11, Owen is all I have now.

"Oh... Anyways, here are VIP passes for the three of you, I have to go. Maybe we can meet up tomorrow. Love you, bye." Claire said before she walked away and yapping her mouth off into that phone of hers.