All The Little Things, Part Two

Forever With You, Mi Amor ~ Camira

Ew. Taxes. Bills. Adulting.

Yuck.

Kara Shah thought moving in with the love of her life meant being in the same house, environment and being able to enjoy each other's company every second of the day.

Turns out it meant 'moving out,' which was code for 'you're on your own, kid.'

It wasn't ever a bad thing, though. Sure, there were many problems. But at least Kara knew one thing; She had Camilla. And they would tackle it, it being anything, together.

She knew that. It always stayed in the back of her mind. But right now, all Kara wanted today was rip her own hair out.

"I hate paperwork," She muttered. "This much paperwork and for what? So I can become a gaffer for Vogue? I'm a good gaffer and they know it. If I don't do all this, what would even happen?"

"They'd probably rope you back into the business," Said a female voice Kara knew all too well.

"Cami?" She turned back. "You're home already?"

Camilla frowned. "I texted you I was let off early and I was coming home. You didn't see it?"

Kara checked her phone. Sure enough, the text was there. "Oh. I'm sorry. I was probably too caught up with work."

Camilla smiled. "No, it's okay. I can see that you're busy. What's the issue, Nena?"

That was that word again. Nena. Of course, Kara wanted to call Cami something endearing too, but she was too shy.

'Today at dinner,' She told herself. 'You have to do it.'

"Vogue's being annoying and giving me all this paperwork just for me to become their gaffer," Kara scoffed.

"How dare they? You're obviously superior."

Kara sighed. "Cami, what have we said about belittling others?"

Camilla changed the topic. "I got dinner, by the way. Naan and paneer, your favourite."

Kara immediately lit up. "Thanks. I could really use some food."

Cami smiled. "Yeah, I know."

As they sat down and arranged everything, Kara worked up her courage.

"Nena? What's wrong? You seem in a daze."

'It's now or never.'

Kara cleared her throat. "It's nothing, Mi Amor."

Cami stopped arranging things, her eyes widened. She started laughing. Kara's face burned up.

Camilla kissed her forehead. "You are so cute. I can tell you've been wanting to call me that for a long time. I love it."

"You sure? You're not teasing me?"

"No. It's lovely, Nena."

"Just like you, Mi Amor."

Kara thanked the universe for ever creating someone like Camilla. She thanked the universe extra for allowing them to get together.

Fate was twisted. Sometimes it allowed you to be happy, and sometimes sad. It was fair. Fate would ever exist, forever and changing, but for people fated, nothing was forever.

That was what Kara thought before.

Now, she knew that there would be many more nights with her and Camilla laughing and joking around while eating dinner like this. She longed for it. She hoped for it.

Not all who wander are lost.

It was a Lord of The Rings quote. Aru had forced her to watch it many times, each time they'd quote things together.

She understood it now.

She wasn't lost. She'd just wander forever.

'Forever with you, Mi Amor.'

Cinnamon Rolls and Pieces of Pie. Oh, and Hot Chocolate ~ Hirynne

The grand opening day. It was here. And Brynne was ready to tackle it.

She looked up at The Hill Diamond Bakery. Yes, it was a funny name. But ever since finding out Hira's name meant 'diamond' in Gujarati, Brynne decided it would be perfect.

She had suggested 'The Diamond Bakery' first. Hira refused it, since Brynne would be running it with her. She then insisted on knowing the meaning of Brynne.

Brynne begrudgingly told her it was hill (long story) and here they were.

"Ready?" Hira asked her. Brynne looked at her. She was beautiful today, like every day. Her brown hair reaching her elbows, hints of golden brown highlights shining through. She wore a white dress that reached to her knees, the balloon sleeves cinching delicately at her wrists.

She noticed the many familiar faces in the crowd behind them.

Aru grinned at them, flashing a proud smile. Brynne always felt happy when she was proud. Mini's eyes twinkled from happiness. Mini looked so much prettier when she was happy.

Rudy, surprisingly not beside Mini, was at the side, controlling the music. Camilla was beside Aru, flashing them a thumbs up. Aiden, her best friend in the whole world, stood in front of the crowd, holding a camera. He smiled at them. Kara, beside Aiden, stood as the gaffer, looking at them with joy.

Brynne quietly thanked them all for being there.

Smiling, Brynne replied to Hira, "Yep."

She straightened her tie and adjusted her suit.

They both cut the ribbon.

~~~

It was a quiet day in The Hill Diamond Bakery.

Brynne loved these days.

The Potatoes chatted with them about their lives, and Hira told them about hers. Brynne would be in the back, making all of their favorite desserts.

It was something special to all of them, but Brynne knew that the cafe was something special to her and Hira.

"Can't you guys just hire me?" Aru asked.

"I don't want to pay you for burning the kitchen."

"Wow, rude."

"I know."

"Brynne, be nice," Hira told her. "Aru, you could serve, couldn't you?"

Aru opened her mouth, but Aiden interrupted "No, she can't. She drops plates at dinner."

"They're accidents!"

"I don't think the customers would accept that answer, Shah."

"You could take orders?" Hira tried.

"Socialising? No thank you." Aru replied.

"You know what? You can flip the 'closed' and 'open' sign," Brynne finished.

Aru frowned.

"You know what?" She mimicked. "I was joking. Never mind."

"It's rare The Hill Diamond Bakery isn't busy," Mini noted. "How are you guys?"

"We've been relaxing," Hira smiled.

Brynne set the food down on the staff table.

They laughed and discussed happy times when they were in college.

To Brynne, life was as simple as cinnamon rolls and pieces of pie. Oh, and hot chocolate.