All The Little Things, Part One

Start from the beginning

"I'd be delighted to deal with it, wifey."

Aiden sighed. "Shah, I'm trying to be romantic."

"Kinda like that time you said I gave you butterflies and I said I hated them?"

"Yeah. Understand romantic cues better."

"No can do, wifey."

"I ought to teach you some," amusement glinted in his eyes.

"Go ahead, snob," Aru smiled.

And as he kissed her again, she thought to herself.

'I love home'

You're My World ~ Mindy

Rudy was nervous.

He shouldn't have been, when he was on a picnic blanket with the love of his life and eating sandwiches, but the weather seemed to be exceptionally sunny.

He was counting on the rain.

His cousin who worked in the meteorological department had told Rudy that it was definitely going to rain after five o'clock, but the sky was still blue, like the dress Mini was wearing, and the sun was shining like her smile.

Yes, he had fallen for her. Hard. But he didn't find it in himself to care. He worshipped the ground she walked on, and he took her every word as a fact.

Even if she said pigs could fly, he'd believe her.

He loved her, and as he thought of that, the ring in his breast pocket suddenly seemed much heavier, as though it was alerting him to it's presence.

"What are you thinking about?"

He turned to look at Mini, and he kissed the back of her hand. "Something that's not going according to plan, my dark benevolent queen."

She laughed, and her cheeks turned pink.

He loved being the reason she laughed.

She kissed his cheek, coming closer to snuggle on his side. "And what's not going according to plan?"

"Something." Rudy thought that if she asked him one more time, he'd just spill it out.

Come on, where was the rain?

They sat in silence for half an hour, until Rudy decided 'to hell with the rain.'

He'd make it himself.

He got up from the blanket, brushing the non-existent grass and dust off.

"Well then, my queen. Can I escort you to our next location?"

Mini giggled, taking his hand that he had outstretched. "Of course, my prince. Where to?"

He laughed at their inside joke, of him being a prince and her being his queen, before he leaned in and whispered a few words in her ear.

"To the stars."

Not a lie. He was going to take her to a hilltop, which would be the closest to the stars he could get.

She hit his shoulder, before kissing him hard.

On their way to the hill, he texted a number he usually never texted.

Nikita (2)
I need you and Sheela to come to this location with a hose.
📍23 Cape Hill

Why tf?

Proposing.
Re-creation.
Love.

YOU'RE PROPOSING TO MINI??

YES.

SLAY I'LL BE THERE WITH SHEELA ASAP

Rudy smiled to himself, putting his phone away.

Mini raised an eyebrow at him, and he gave her the most innocent smile he could give.

All in good time.

By the time they'd reached the hill, the sun had set a little, casting a starry glow over everyone there. They trudged up the hill, reaching the top, before he saw two shadows near the bushes, crouching down.

They gave him a thumbs-up, and he nodded.

The fake rain began to pour, and Mini gasped.

He forgot to ask the twins to get a spare coat.

Shit.

Mini was looking all around, noticing the fake rain was coming from a hose, and he grabbed her hand.

There was water pouring down her hair, her nose, dripping down her cheeks and settling in her eyelashes and Rudy, if he was anyone else, would have assumed she was a goddess who was gracing his presence.

No, she was a goddess.

He cleared his throat. "Nine planets, one Earth, eight billion people, and I wake up everyday just to be by your side."

He pulled out the ring, and Mini's tears were mixing in the fake downpour.

"Marry me, Yamini Kapoor Mercado-Lopez?"

Mini laughed through her sob. "There are only eight planets."

What a parallel to their first confession to each other.

"Viva la pluto fuck you." He whispered, and they leaned in, meeting dead centre in what Rudy knew was the best kiss anyone would've ever had under the rain.

When they broke apart for air, he slipped the ring on her finger. "You're my world, and that makes it nine. So, will you?"

She kissed him again, their drenched bodies flush against each other.

"Obviously."

And all Rudy knew after that, in the flurry of kisses and the dim shouts from Nikita and Sheela, was that he wasn't nervous anymore.

Happy Indian Republic Day!