[1]

The sun sets over the mountains by the new Fontaine Research Institute as a large number of the Institute's members sat around to have some tea as a treat from the higher ups of the Institute "Y'know, this is a lot of tea for a good number of members... You sure Mora won't be a problem?" One of the newer members asked. "Don't worry about it!" Someone had responded.

Among the large number of people attending the get-together, 4 high ranking members sat together, discussing their current main project. "So, you're telling me it's almost complete?" Sevigne exclaimed, excited for the accomplishment. "Well, yes, you could say it nearly is."  Bossuet responds "Do any of you 3 have ideas on what other features to add to them?"

The other 3 Junior Researchers all sit in silence, sipping their tea and thinking of concepts and ideas. "You guys, you know how recent clockwork meka are inhibiting combat abilities?" Maillardet starts his statement. "I don't think I like where this is going..." Genevieve mumbles to the other 2 researchers. "Well, hear me out, why don't we apply those features as well?"

The other 3 stare at the man, who stood up from his seat to explain his proposal with arms stretched out wide. "What? Do you not like the idea?" "Don't you remember the times you've interrupted this project's prototypes? They had literally beaten you because of that!" Sevigne recalls the memory, "YOU were just laughing at the situation!" "Woah, okay!" He exclaimed.

"Don't mistake me for a sort of masochist! It was just.. amusing to say the least. It'd be impossible not to laugh at something like that!" Maillardet takes his seat again, snickering to himself at the flashback. Genevieve lets out an awkward chuckle while Sevigne and Bossuet wear a slightly irritated expression. "Look, why shouldn't we add the combat features into the-"

"Look, Maillardet, this project is a new mode of artistic expression when it comes to clockwork meka. The art of dance, to be specific! We're not going to give neither Coppelius, nor Coppelia any combat abilities anytime soon." Bossuet reprimanded Maillardet. He sighed "Somehow... I knew you'd say that." He shrugs off the thought, sipping on some more of his tea, glaring.

"Ohh, Maillardet, you seem so infatuated with these dancing toys... What's so special about them anyway?" Sevigne asked. "Like Monsieur Bossuet said, it's a form of expression! I just feel like I can show my true self without judgement!" Maillardet responds passionately "I didn't know your true self was this violent, Maillardet!" Genevieve exclaims with concern.

"Oh, you're so bold. My character is nothing like that, really!" "Then why are you so passionate about the idea of adding the combat mechanics to the 'Icewind Suite,' then?" Bossuet then asks him, "Well, Monsieur... I guess you could say it's a personal interest." "That doesn't help your claim!" Sevigne adds. Maillardet laughs as he tries his best to switch the topic to something else.

After some time, later into the night, one of the members call to the rest of the members "I think it's time to wrap up our time here!" The group of 4 look at each other. "I'll have to reach out to Chisseray to finalize this project soon. We'll get all of the progress papers and soon officially launch the complete project of the 'Icewind Suite'!" Bossuet declares to his team.

The 3 Junior Researchers cheer as their labor will not be fruitless. Bossuet proceeds to exit the building. Both Genevieve and Sevigne mind their own business while Maillardet gives the man a glaring side-eye, having feelings full of malice... "Mr. Maillardet?" Sevigne taps on his back, he turns to her with shock. "Did me tapping you in the back startle you?" Sevigne asked.

"Well, no... I mean, sort of. I didn't expect it, at the very least." Maillardet collects his cool to continue his conversation with the two women. "We just wanted to know what's with you and these combat mods?" Genevieve asks "Yeah, you're going nuts over this project about the dancing robots and insist or making them fighters... What's with that?" Sevigne asked.

"You two... That really shouldn't be any of your concerns!" Maillardet responds "Then why are you so pressed on avoiding the topic?!" Genevieve raises her voice "Look! There are some things that shouldn't be discussed sometimes..." Maillardet responds as he starts walking away, exiting the building to whatever business he has to do. "Man, he's a weird one..." Sevigne says.

"I can't help but feel like something's going on with the guy..." Genevieve adds. "His prototypes for this project were quite violent, too... They even beat Maillardet himself if he accidentally disrupted their dancing." Sevigne exclaims. The two researchers grow their suspicions with Maillardet, but can't do anything about it. They both continue as usual as tomorrow comes.

Chisseray stands by Bossuet around the new garden-like dance floor, holding the papers containing the project's progress logs. "Are we nearly ready, Monsiuer Bossuet?" Chisseray asks him unenthusiastically. "We are. I'm just waiting on the other 3 who had helped greatly." Bossuet responds. Soon, Maillardet comes to the venue. "Monsieur Bossuet!!" He exclaims.

"Maillardet! You seem to be quite early." Chisseray points out. "Well, I'd hate to miss out on the grand reveal of the 'Icewind Suite'!" Maillardet responds "Your vision on these meka was really something, Bossuet." "Why, thank you, Maillardet." Bossuet responds with gratitude. "He must be lying to himself to some degree..." Chisseray says to herself as quiet as she could. She sighs.

Soon, both Genevieve and Sevigne arrive as well. "I'm so glad all of you 4 could make it to the the grand release of the 'Icewind Suite'!" Bossuet announces "Yeah... And I can't stop thinking of those combat mods..." Maillardet monologues to himself within his head. Other members not associated with the project come along to witness the new clockwork meka as well.

The project known as the 'Icewind Suite' had ended up being a hit success as Bossuet's vision of art had transcended the era of mechanical reproduction.