18 The Chambers

The feeling of the nape of her neck being pulled didn't seem to go away when she arrived in the room.

Her charm melted off quicker than a popsicle in the summertime.

She was eager to feel outside her charm for more than a day."Ah, look who finally decided to show up."

Her father remarked, glancing over at her, only she was so much different now, balanced and less muted; she had her mind, or at least some of it.

"As much as you think the world revolves around your father, I hate to inform you it doesn't."

The tone she had made the inner circle shudder; it sounded so..bratty but also challenging as if she opposed him.

Tom chuckled as he kept his jaw from tightening in irritation."I see your schooling has given you an attitude."

Lovette licked her lips, a slight grin pulling at them."You're one to talk; maybe retirement isn't a bad option."

He gritted his teeth, a wave of magic flushing the room; it appalled the weaker inner circle while Hadrian and Draco watched, amused.

Clearly, she was acting out; her new sense of self gave her the chance to be a brat, and she enjoyed it.

Lovette felt a slight grin taking root, "Temper, temper, you know I'm only joking, Father." Her hands fell on her father's shoulders as she looked down at him.

Her eyes glinted the familiar red; Tom sighed in irritation."Do you have what I asked for?" Biting her lip in amusement, she draped her arms over her father's shoulders.

"What's the magic word, father?" She giggled, her long, sharp, manicured nails glinting in the candlelight.

"Please give me what I asked for." He grits out. Lovett giggled. "Of course, father." With a sly look, she stood up and reached to her wrist, pulling off a bracelet she had handed him.

"Thank you, Sweetheart, for once your being useful." She rolled her eyes, sitting next to him before picking at her nails.

Malfoy's eyes couldn't move from how she acted and misbehaved; only with Hadrian; there was a glint in his eye.

He always had this quirk about him; he hated when people gave him attitude, and if he could have it his way...her behavior would've already been corrected.

Her eyes had only really seen the soft parts of him; she had seen Harry Potter, but Hadrian was itching to make her behave.

Make her return to her good behavior."We can continue the meeting now that we've finally gotten my daughter to join us."

Lovette found her mind wandering, 'common poisons? No torture curses? Boring. Different ways to cut someone open?'

"Lovette!" Her father's voice boomed over the table, making her roll her eyes."The balls in the bracelet are made up of dragon blood, basilisk venom, and mercury; it kills instantly and dissipates from the body, which means it can't be seen using any scanning spells."

Tom rubbed his temples, irritated at her daydreaming but glad she answered him even if it was a minute later.

"So Tommrow, Harry Potter will drop the beads in Albus Dumedoors tea, effectively eliminating him."

Her ears perked up at this; that meant she didn't need to hide anymore, thank God."Finally."

She breathed out. Getting up, she stretched, leaving the room. Tom's anger practically radiated off him.

"I want him dead Tommrow, and if he's still living by the time I drink my morning coffee, I promise none of you will be happy."

He stands up, storming off after his daughter, the large doors slamming behind him.

Draco and Hadrian made eye contact as he left before standing up, "Excuse yourselves. We have business to attend to,"

Hadrian says coldly before leaving towards the doors; Draco follows with a slight chuckle.

He could feel Hadrian's irritation; she'd become some bratty, sassy monster in two days.

"All this because of what? Her refusal to come to terms with her feelings?"

Draco mused with a slight smirk. Hadrian grunts. "She wants attention, something that could've been healthy, given if you hadn't lost your temper and told her she was crazy."

Draco gave him an offended look. "I did not say she was crazy." Hadrian gave him a 'really?' look, making Draco sigh.

"Maybe I implied it, but it's not my fault you weren't the one she was unleashing on." Hadrian sighed.

"Oh, believe me, I would've rather dealt with what you dealt with than what I did. It won't help me fix this; I can't stand brats."

Hadrian fixed his black gloves as they entered the sitting room. Tom was not happy with Lovette for how he had left, storming past them.

Lovett crossed her arms, sucking her tooth with an eye roll. That was enough to make Hadrian's hand twitch.

"So this is what we're doing now? Pouting and throwing a fit 'cause you can't talk about your emotions?"

Hadrian says, unimpressed. Lovette smirked."Shouldn't bother you; after all, I won't have to see you anymore after today; you'll be another person's problem."

Hadrian's head tilted as a sickening smirk entered his face."Is that what you think? Dumbledoor dies, and you get to shed your skin and escape your problems?"

Lovett walked forward, hands on her hips as she leaned forward."Yes, that's precisely what will happen, and you aren't stopping me."

Hadrian licked his lips, then his canine; before she could fix her lips to speak again, he grabbed her chin roughly.

"You, little Lovette, are sadly mistaken; just because you believe after all this, you get to run away..oh my dear sweet, stupid Princess, you have no idea what's going to happen, and it shows..with the way you are showing out. I have a feeling you know that, too."

He leaned forward, making her eyes widen, still frozen by his rough hold on her chin.

"So when I tell you this, you better believe me. You belong to us, and the quicker you accept that, the easier it makes this for you."