Chapter 56 - Getting Better Acquainted

Start from the beginning

"How could you not know, Mido?" said Mila. "Has your head been buried in the sand like a clam? Or were you too busy creating runes nobody is interested in? And Linky is just as lucky a catch for Tila as the other way around. Do all you boys care about is how hot a girl looks?"

"No, but it helps," laughed Midon. "Before I get myself into any more trouble, I had better go. Sorry again, Linky."

"It's fine, Midon," I said. "You're forgiven."

After Midon left, Lapha spoke up.

"I'm sorry you were embarrassed, Linky," said Lapha. "Try to forget about it."

"I'll be fine, Laff, thanks."

"So, where do you plan to take Tila when she arrives?" Mila asked.

"Good question. I want us to have some private time together, but her sister insists a guard be with her wherever she goes."

"Take her behind a waterfall," said Mila. "The guard can wait on the other side, and you two can enjoy your privacy. We Zoras love getting close to waterfalls; the rush of the water is incredibly stimulating! The bubbly current caresses our skin and excites us, while the sound ensures what we do stays hidden. Take Tila there. I guarantee she will love it."

"And I'm sure Mi's boyfriend Kendal can attest that you're hearing the voice of experience, Linky!" Lapha teased.

"Oh, clam up, Laff!" Mila laughed.

"Thanks, Sis - you've given me great advice," I replied with a smile. "That's exactly what I'll do."

"So, that's where I learned about it," said Linky. "And it worked, didn't it?"

"Very cute," said Tila as she squeezed his hand, and they waded into the water. "Let's see if it still does. And now that we're married, it should work even better ...."

Meanwhile, Sidon was guiding Arana around Upland Zorana where small hills and the occasional Luminous Stone rock outcropping dotted the landscape. They had both climbed to the top of one of the hills and paused to admire the view. It was a clear, sunny day, and to the east, the blue-green waters of the Lanayru Sea stretched all the way to the horizon. Fiery Death Mountain and its red lava flows were clearly visible to the northwest, while to the southeast, you could make out snowy Mount Lanayru. The tall spires of Hyrule Castle stood almost straight to the west, and beyond that stood the pink and red sandstone cliffs of the Gerudo Highlands.

"You have such splendid views from here!" Arana exclaimed as they gazed out into the distance. "It's nice to see another part of your Domain and so much more of Hyrule. My past visits with you were pretty much confined to Ruto Lake for a concert."

"I'm glad you're enjoying it," Sidon said with a smile. "My sister sometimes took me here after swimming practice when I was younger. She would point out different parts of Hyrule and tell me a little about the people who lived there. And if I behaved well, she'd even break off a piece of Luminous Stone so I could take it home and watch it glow that night."

"You and your sister were very close growing up, weren't you?"

"Yes, and we still are," Sidon replied. "As you know, we lost our mother when I was quite young, and Mipha took on the role of both mother and big sister to me. She always encouraged me to believe in myself and do my best. Later on, she became our Champion, someone everyone in Hyrule knows and respects. I've looked up to and admired her all my life."

"It must be nice to have a sibling," said Arana. "I'm an only child, but I have many cousins from my father's side. His eldest brother, Fardon, was our domain's king before he died suddenly, and his daughter, Sopha, became Queen. Growing up, I spent most of my time with relatives."