Chapter 56 - Getting Better Acquainted

Começar do início

"So, that's how it happened," said Link. "See? All innocent. Now I had better put Lanka to sleep."

After Lanka got kisses from everyone, Link took him to their room, closed the door, and climbed into the slumber pool holding him.

"I hope you don't mind napping in freshwater for a change," Link whispered with a kiss on Lanka's forehead. The toddler smiled for a moment before nodding off. Link smiled as Lanka nestled against him, then he closed his eyes too and thought back to when Mila, Midon, and Lapha were small.

"If you don't mind, Tara, I'd love to spend some time with you," said Mipha.

"That sounds great!" exclaimed Tara in excitement. "I learn so much from all of you: Grandmother, Aunt Mila, Uncle Midon, and Aunt Lapha."

"Such as?" asked Linky.

"Such as what you were like growing up, Dad," responded Tara, causing everyone to chuckle. "I mean ... Hylians have a different childhood, right? So, it's understandable that I'm curious."

"And I'm sure you also appreciate the extra attention your grandparents spoil you with," Tila stated.

Mipha grabbed Tara's hand and said, "Let's go get a snack and do some swimming while we chat."

"Have fun and behave Tara," Tila hollered as she and Linky waved goodbye.

"I'm happy that we decided to come," Linky remarked after he and Tila were alone. "But the trip seemed a bit sudden."

"Because we are serving as an escort for Tiray here while she visits your supposedly broken-hearted brother after Larena left him. Midon invited Tiray for the day, but her sister Laray was worried about her traveling alone, so..."

"Ah, I get it," Link nodded while laughing. "So, Midon is off with Tiray, Uncle Sidon is off with Arana, and I'm here with you. Why are so many of my family attracted to you northerners?"

"Because we're so sophisticated and charming, sweetheart!" Tila replied as she took his hand and intertwined their fingers. "Now that the children are taken care of let's re-visit those waterfalls you brought me to when we were dating. By the way, where did you learn that we Zoras find being behind a cascading waterfall so romantic? That wouldn't have been instinctual for a Hylian."

"I'd like to claim I figured it out by myself, but that's not what happened," laughed Linky. "I'll tell you the story on the way. And if we're going to waterfalls, I guess it's fortunate I'm wearing the armor you made for me, sweetheart."

"Yes, I'm very familiar with it - including how to remove it," said Tila with a smile.

Linky laughed, and then they made their way toward the waterfall at Mikau Lake as he relayed the story.

It was after we started dating, and I was at home with my family one morning, having just finished breakfast. Mom and Dad had left for a meeting, and my brother and sisters were both there with me at the table. Then my Tab that I had left out buzzed with a message. My nosy brother Midon picked it up before I could.

"What's this? A message from Tila? 'On my way and can't wait! Be with you soon, sweetheart!' And the message ends with three kiss emojis," said Midon.

I felt myself blushing a deep red, but Lapha and Mila rushed to my rescue.

"It's very rude to read someone's private messages, Midon, especially out loud," said Lapha. "Give Linky back his Tab."

"Honestly, Midon, you never fail to float to new levels of uncouth behavior," said Mila. "I assume you know what uncouth means?"

"Sorry, Linky," said Midon, handing me my Tab. "I didn't realize it would be something so personal. And you don't have to flaunt your vocabulary at me, Mi. So, you and Tila are seriously dating now, Linky? I know Mila mentioned some time ago that Tila was interested in you, but I didn't know things had flowed so far. Wow! What a lucky catch! The boys here all think Tila is hot enough to boil water."