Chapter 65. Après Moi, Le Déluge

Start from the beginning

Suddenly, the house begins to shake violently, as though it's an earthquake. Concerned, the two walk out onto the balcony overlooking the courtyard, where they find Rebekah.

Rebekah looking around in confusion "What the hell is going on?"

Lydia POV

Klaus and I walk out to join them. Klaus looking grim "Davina."

I cross my arms to my chest "And it's very bad"

♡ Epic Love ♡

I sit at the chair thinking of Davina as Rebekah looking worried rushes into Davina's bedroom to check on her. She sits next to where Davina is laying weakly on her bed "Hey. What kind of game do you think you're playing? I said disrupt the household, not destroy the whole city."

Davina says "I didn't do it. Not on purpose. I-- I don't know what's wrong with me."

I whisper to Rebekah before I leave the room "I guess the magic affects her"

♡ Epic Love ♡

Narrator POV

Down in the living room, Elijah sits in silence thinking, Klaus and Marcel are conferring about what is going on. Klaus says "This is madness. How can a 16-year-old girl shake the entire French quarter?"

Marcel says "I've seen her rock the church, but I've never seen anything like this."

"How did you control her when she was in the attic?"

"I didn't have to. But then, I never killed her boyfriend."

"Yes, yes. We've been over this part already. The point is in her present state she's useless as a tool against the witches."

"She's not a tool."

"Something's wrong with her."

Elijah suddenly gets an idea "She has too much power that she cannot control. That much we already knew. But why is it manifesting itself in such an aggressive manner?" He goes to leave the room. 

Klaus gives him a look of confusion before stopping him "Where are you going?"

"This is witch business. Let's ask a witch." Elijah leaves the room.

Lydia POV

Elijah finds me waiting for him in the hallway. 

I stop him "You're going to see Sophie."

"You don't have to eavesdrop" Elijah gives me a soft kiss on my mouth "I keep nothing from you."

"Yeah, well, I don't want to keep anything from you either, and if you're going out to see Sophie, then there's something that you should know" I pause looking anxious before I continue "She called Hayley and asked for a favor" Elijah gives me a look "So Hayley comes and asked for my help"

Elijah sarcastic "Because my dear love always helps others" I rub my belly "Don't think to use milkshakes against me" I give him a look "Or your puppy eyes" he moves his hand to continue talking.

"She promised Hayley that she would help break the curse that Marcel put on Hayley's people in exchange for some information. And I didn't think anything of it, but then Davina started doing those pictures of Celeste_____"

"Whatever this is, you have to tell me."

"Sophie wanted to find Celeste's remains, so I went through your journals, and I found out where you buried her, and then I told Hayley and she told her. I know it was stupid and it was snoopy. And I--I should have just asked you" Elijah stares at me blankly, speechless "Please say something. Please."