Chapter 40

Hastinapur

The news of Karna and Draupadi's marriage reached. The Pandavas supporters were unhappy with this. Others were happy especially Gandhari. She has considered Karna as her son. She can't wait to meet Draupadi. 

Soldier- Pranaam, Maharaj.

Dri- What is it soldier?

Soldier- Maharaj, the Pandavas has reached.

Dri- Alright. You may leave.

Gandhari- Arya, I will go to welcome them. Come Kunti.

Kunti nodded. She was sad that Arjun couldn't get married with the fire princess. She was happy for Karna but also, she was upset that her legitimate son Arjun was not chosen. Why is God punishing her? She thought.

Gandhari, Kunti, Maharaj, Bhisma and Vidur stood near the gate to welcome the Pandavas.

The Pandavas then reached. Kunti did their Aarti. 

Bhisma- Putro, go and take rest. 

The Pandavas nodded and went inside. Kunti saw the sad look on Arjuns face. She felt bad. 

In Kunti's chamber

Priyamvada, the maid and childhood friend of Kunti was speaking.

P- Didn't you see the look on Rajkumar Arjun's face. He looked really upset.

K- Yes. But I am also happy that Karna got married.

P- Kunti, you are getting happy for that illegitimate child while your other son is unhappy. 

K- Priyamvada, he is my eldest.

P- No. He is just a mistake. Kunti, stop thinking about Angraj. Think about Yudhister. You have to think of getting his rights. Otherwise, that bad omen Duryodhan will sit on the throne. 

K- No. I won't allow that. My son Yudhister will be the king of Hastinapur. Later, he has to become the Emperor of Aryavart and I will be the Rajmata of entire Aryavart. You are right Priyamvada. I will stop thinking of that illegitimate child of mine.

Kunti thinking about her son's future and her greed for power started to hate Karna.

On the other hand, Duryodhan, Ash, Dushasan, Priya and the newly wedded couple reached the house of Radha and Adhirath. 

Draupadi looked at the house. It was medium sized and well maintained. She saw a lady watering the plants. She wondered who that was. Karna looked at his Radha maa and teared up and smiled.

Feeling someone looking Radha looked up and saw her son.

R- Radhey! She kept the water down and ran towards Karna and hugged him tight.

K- Radha Maa! He cried hugging her. Oh, how much he missed her.

R- I missed you so much Putra.

K- Me too Maa.

They broke the hug. She then saw Draupadi. She then looked at Karna.

K- Maa, this is Rajkumari Draupadi. Your daughter-in-law.

Radha looked at Draupadi.

R- Putri. Wait here dear. I will bring the thali.

She then ran inside fastly and came back with the thali. She did the Aarti of the couple. Both of them took her blessings.

Radha then twisted Karna's ears.

R- You couldn't tell me you were getting married. Huh?

K- Maa. Stop. It's paining. He said pouting.