Chapter 31

The next day Priya got up early and went for a jog. She came back to her room and saw Subhadra looking for her.

P- Good morning.

S- Didi! Where were u? I got scared when I didn't find you here.

P- I went jogging. But why are you here?

S- Oh. Well, I thought to get all the things ready for tomorrow.

P- Tomorrow? For what? She asked, confused.

S- Didi, tomorrow is your engagement. Did u forget? She laughed.

P- Oh. She said with a sheepish smile.

Just then Devaki and Maharani Rohini came. They saw Subhadra laughing at Priya.

Dev- Bhadra, why are you laughing?

S- Mata, Didi forgot that she is going to get engaged tomorrow.

R- How could someone forget their own engagement. She laughed.

P- Rani Maa. She whined.

All of them laughed. Devaki hugged Priya.

Dev- I can't believe you are getting married. She said with tears in her eyes.

P- Maa, don't cry. She said wiping the tears.

R- Paro is right Devaki. Save some for her Vidai.

S- Come on. We must select the dresses and ornaments. So many things are to be done. OMG!

Maharani gave instructions to the Dasi's. All of them sat on the bed. Dasi's brought so many dresses and ornaments. Priya eyes widened seeing all the heavy dresses and ornaments.

P- Rani Maa. What is all this?

R- Do you like it? You can choose whichever you want.

P- Rani Maa, all these are too much.

Dev- It's not too much dear. These are very little.

P- Little! She said looking at both the mothers. These are not little. Maa, all these are heavy. I won't be able to lift my hands up for wearing the ring itself if I wear any of them.

All of them laughed at Priya's exasperated tone.

S- Didi, stop behaving like a baby.

P- Says the baby herself.

S- I'm not a baby. She said pouting.

P- If you say so.

Priya looked at the dresses and chose the lightest one. She then chose the ornaments.

P- I want to say something important.

R- What is it, Putri?

P- Not here. I want to tell this to everyone. Can we call others here. She asked.

Both Devaki and Maharani Rohini got confused. Subhadra wondered what her sister had in her mind. Priya asked the guards to call the elders to her room.

After some time, everyone came. They were confused why Priya called them. Once everyone settled, she spoke.

P- I know all of you are wondering why I called you here. I wanted to say something important.

V- Tell us Putri.

P- I want the wedding to be intimate.

V- Ok. If you want that, it's fine. What do you think Maharaj?

M- If Paro wants that, then we have no problem.

P- Can we invite Hastinapur Royals too. I consider the Kauravas as my brothers.