Kota placed a hand on his shoulder.

"This'll all be over soon man. Don't worry." He assured him, earning a pained look from Sora.

"Do you think he'll understand?" Sora asked, earning a sigh from Kota, who shook his head.

"He'll never forgive us. But it's for his own good." The older boy replied, stuffing his hands in his pockets as he walked ahead. Sora nodded and sighed.

He froze for a moment, looking toward Akihiko and Sumi, both of which gave him a nod.

This was better than him ending up dead.

"Ren!" Sora called out, earning a glance from the black-haired boy. "Are you sure this is the only way? Are you absolutely positive that this is the route you wanna take?"

Ren stopped.

"What are you trying to say Sora? Are you saying that I should stop?" He asked, earning a sigh from Sora.

"...Killing him won't bring Asami back." He argued, hoping that this would be enough. Hoping beyond hope that this would be enough.

Ren glared at him, his eyes crazed and bloodshot.

"He needs to die. You watched her die. How can you not feel the same way!?" He argued.

"Wanting something and actually doing it are two completely different things you idiot!" Sora shouted. "Do you really think this is what she would want you to do?"

"You don't know what she wanted!" Ren screamed, his voice, gravelly and hoarse. It sounded like just speaking was starting to hurt. Every word that came out of his mouth was pained.

Everyone was silent for a moment. Before Sora let out a sigh.

"I'm sorry Ren...but I can't let you go that far." He stated, pressing a button on his phone. And instantly, dozens of Police Officers came out from all around them. The officers tackled Ren to the ground, pinning him down.

The black-haired young man tried to resist. But was overpowered.

"W-What!? Let go of me!" He shouted, turning toward Sora. "What did you do?"

"...The man who killed your sister, Takeshi Iguro...he was caught last week. He's already been put into custody." Sora explained. "But during your chase...you assaulted 13 people associated with him. 8 of those people who had nothing to do with his crimes."

Kota looked away.

"I can't let you do this to yourself. I can't let you become your brother." Sora stated.

Betrayal seeped into Ren's expression. Then that shifted to anger. And then a vivid hatred filled his eyes. "You...you se me up!"

"Take a few years. Reflect. And when you get out of Juvy come find me." Sora told him. "I'll wait-"

"I'm gonna kill you! I'll kill you!" Ren cut him off.

"Ren-"

"Don't call me that!" He screamed. "I'm gonna kill you!"

I'll kill you...those were the last words he said before he was tased and knocked out.

I'll kill you.

...

Sora knew that was what he deserved.

____________________

Sora wasn't totally sure what had made him enroll at Kunugigaoka Junior High after all that. He knew he couldn't stay in Shibuya. And he never wanted to see Kota and the others again after everything that happened.

At this point, he was content to just wait for Izumi to get released. And then Izumi would kill him.

Maybe that's what he wanted?

Did he want to die?

It was pretty messed up. But he strangely wasn't totally opposed to the idea. Maybe he just figured that he deserved it.

He was in regular classes for a bit. But once The Principal found out about his involvement in gang activities, Sora was sent off to E-Class. After all, a punk like him didn't belong anywhere else.

He stared up at the ceiling off the old campus. Simply waiting for the day to begin. Music blared into his ears.

Ever since he'd arrived here. Most people hadn't even bothered to talk to him. Most of them being just as miserable as he was. And it wasn't like he could blame them.

They were the rejects right?

He was broken from his chain of thought by someone tapping on his shoulder. Turning the music down, he turned toward the new presence.

"Huh?"

A girl stood behind him. Shorter than him, with pale skin, long white hair, amd pink eyes.

"Hey you're new here too right? I'm Yuki!" She greeted. "Let's be friends!"

...

That was when he met the person who saved his life.

____________________

The sky was alit with flames. Takaoka's laughter, his classmates screams, Karasuma's despair-filled roar. All of the sounds blended together in his head as his eyed grew progressively more wide.

...

The person who saved him.

And the person who he couldn't save.