Staring over at the shower, I debated showering since I probably didn't smell the best, but I didn't have any spare clothes... I could probably ask for some from Slenderman.

I'm not sure what to do... All of the panic and exhausting fear work up an appetite... But I have no idea where I am in the castle. Sighing, I made my way to the door, hyping myself up to get through this hell. 

Opening the door with a loud creak, standing in front of it was none other than the creature of my nightmares, Slenderman. 

"Oh! Uhm.. How long have you been at the door?" Lowering his hand, he put it behind his back to appear more formal. "I had just arrived, my apologies for frightening you." Giving it a polite smile, I waved my hand dismissively.

"Don't worry about it, nothing you can control. What do you need..?" A low grumble of appreciation came from his throat, animalistic in a way. 

"I was going to check in on you, and see if you wanted me to take you to the kitchen for a meal?" What a coincidence! Right when I acknowledged I was hungry, Slenderman showed up. It's almost like he can read my mind..! 

Oh yeah.

"That sounds good, thank you for taking time out of your day to help me. I'm sure it must be tedious to help a mortal." Stepping out of the room, I closed the door behind me. He nodded, offering his arm for me, I took it without much thought.

"It's nothing of the sort. I do not mind helping you while you get accustomed to your new home, although you must understand I don't give any of the other residents this kind of treatment, that is because you are valuable." He praised and reassured me while we walked. As a psychologist, it wasn't hard to detect he was trying to gain my trust and manipulate me.

Not saying anything about it and trying not to think about it, I kept my focus on the path we took to the kitchen. 

Surprisingly, the walk from my room to the kitchen was a short one. I looked back up at Slenderman, about to ask how we got here so quickly, but he already had a prepared answer.

"This castle is a confusing labyrinth that most cannot figure out. It has been cursed by devilish immortals to turn mortals around and have them trapped in a maze with no exit, luckily for you (Y/N), the castle will soon recognize you as one of the residents living within its wall. But before then, you should ask for me or another resident to help you around."

Nodding my head, I let go of his arm and thanked him. Yet again in the blink of my eye, he was gone.

I sighed and looked in the cabinets, getting familiar with my surroundings. 

Taking out certain ingredients, I got out a large bowl, whisk, and made pancakes. While making the pancakes I began thinking about the events that led up to this point. 

First, it was Jeff, then Toby kidnapped me, and now I'm being held captive by an eldritch being to stay in a castle with a bunch of edgy killers...

As I was lost in thought while endlessly stirring the batter, someone had walked in. Hearing footsteps approaching me, I swiftly turned around and held the whisk out as if it were a weapon.

There stood in front of me was a lady who was roughly around 19 or 20, she was in some hot pink and black torn pajamas that had a zig-zag pattern going across them. The most prominent thing about her was her long black hair with hot pink stripes and mouth scars similar to Jeff's.

She waved excitedly at me, and a large grin adorned her features. 

"Hi!! Oh my god, you must be the newbie!!! Am I the first person you've met?! Oh, it's so cool to meet you!" I put the whisk back in the bowl, setting it down and taking a small step back from her. 

"Uh... Yeah, hi? It's nice to meet you..?" I hesitantly held out my hand for her to shake, trying to be as friendly as possible to a dangerous stranger.

  She took my hand in both of hers and shook eagerly.

"Sorry, I don't mean to be so forward! I just did some research and I found out you took care of Jeff at the psych ward!" I tensed up at the mention of the psych ward and Jeff. I wish I had never taken the fucking job at that ward.

"So, what are you making?" She gestured to the bowl with pancake batter on the counter, which I had completely forgotten about. "Oh, right. I was making pancakes for breakfast... Would you like some..?" Her eyes lit up at the offer. "Of course! Oh my god, thank you so much!! I haven't had pancakes in so so long!"

She looked at the creamy batter and went to a cabinet, taking out a box of fruity pebbles and giving me a small look of asking for permission which I gave a hesitant nod to. 

She poured a healthy amount and helped me bake them, we came out with eight fruity pebble pancakes. Splitting them, we both ate our fill. After we were finished, I realized she didn't tell me her name. 

"Hey, I didn't catch your name. I'm (Y/N), but I wouldn't be surprised if you already knew that." Nodding her head, she took a sip of her drink before giving her name. 

"My name is Nina, and yeah a lot of the residents here already know about you. Most of it was just gossip about a new member, someone overheard the big boss talking to Kate about getting a psychologist, and the news spread like wildfire. Kate is another proxy by the way, you'll probably meet her at some point! She doesn't talk much though, and she's pretty creepy... Which I guess I can see the irony of how I'm saying that."

I started to notice a pattern with people I've met here already, they all talk a lot. 

I kind of zoned out as she kept talking, it was rude but I didn't want to listen to someone talk about their drama in a murder house. 

At some point, she got up and I focused back on her "Come on, you'll want to meet some of the cooler people in the house!" Without another word, Nina grabbed both my hands and led me through the labyrinth of a castle to a normal-looking door.

Again with the door suspense. 

When Nina opened the door, we were met with a room that smelled heavily of cannabis and a large TV with multiple gaming sets. 

Five people were sitting around in beanbags or small couches, one seemed to just be floating over a beanbag. 

"Hey guys! I brought the newbie to hang out with us, hope that's cool!!" She was met with a couple of detached grunts. Nina kept her hold on one of my hands as she led us to a small couch and sat me down, I watched as she went over to a minifridge and took out a Coke before turning to me again. "Do you have any preferences for a drink?" I thought for a second, feeling slightly uncomfortable in the situation. "I'll be okay, thank you though.." She nodded her head and closed the fridge, coming back over to sit next to me. 

This turned into a really long chapter, and I did not mean to do that-

Gonna cut chapter 17 into 2 parts bc there's still more I wanted to do, I just don't want ppl to wait any longer 

Part 2 will be out soon :3