Run Boy Run

FLASHBACK

Grace rings the bell and the children all go to the dinner table and stand next to their chairs. Allison is across from Luther, Klaus is across from Diego, Ben is across from vanya, and you are across from five.

"Sit." Reggie instructed and all the children sat. Luther and Allison are flirting with each other using face expressions, ben is reading, klaus is using a joint, vanya is eating, diego is cutting the edge of the table using a knife, but you notice five not doing anything, just clenching his jaw, you kick his legs under the table and he looks at you, you make a face at him telling him to eat, he doesn't, you just roll your eyes but you flinch when five slams a knife on the table. Everybody looks at him.

"Number Five?" reggie asks

"I have a question."

"Knowledge is an admirable goal, but you know the rules. No talking during mealtimes. You are interrupting Herr Carlson." Five drops his silverware on his plate after reggie says that

"I want to time travel." five says

"No." Reggie replies without looking up at Five

"But I'm ready. I've been practicing my spacial jumps, just like you said." Five spacial jumps next to reggie. "See?"

"A spacial jump is trivial when compared with the unknowns of time travel. One is like sliding along the ice, the other is akin to descending blindly into the depths of the freezing water and reappearing as an acorn."

"Well I don't get it." he says confused

"Hence the reason you're not ready." Vanya shakes her head at five, he then looks at you and you mouth for him to sit his ass down.

"I'm not afraid." he says after rolling his eyes at you and looking back at reggie

"Fear isn't the issue. The effects it might have on your body, even on your mind, are far too unpredictable. Now I forbid you to talk about this anymore." Five looks at you and walks away towards the door.

"Number Five! You haven't been excused! Come back here!" You stand up from your seat about to go after him but Reggie stops you.

"Number eight! Sit down, you have not been excused and number five is not your problem, now sit down!" You sigh and sit down. Five runs outside and time travels to the future

"Not ready, my ass." he time travels again to the future, he time travels one more time but when he does everything is destroyed and on fire. Five is stunned and runs back to the academy.

"Y/n! Ben! Dad! Anyone!" he tries time traveling again but his powers won't work.

"Come on! Shit." He falls on his knees looking at the academy, a tear running down his face.

PRESENT

"I survived on scraps. Canned food, cockroaches, anything I could find." five chuckles "You know that rumor that Twinkies have an endless shelf life? Well it's total bullshit." You chuckle at his comment but are still stunned by his experience.

"I can't even imagine." vanya says.

"You do whatever it takes to survive, or you die. So we adapted. Whatever the world throws at us we found a way to overcome it."

"We?" Vanya asks but Five ignores the question

"You got anything stronger?" Vanya makes five alcoholic beverages and he drinks it, you are still sitting on the couch thinking everything over.